Prologue

~<>~
As time goes by, leaves always end up crossing the path of the wanderer.. But it's up to him whether he chooses to give them attention or not.                     
~<>~

    A man was silently walking in the forest. Leaves rustled behind him, the wind gently ruffling his blonde locks, jumping out of his coal-black hood. A deep shadow prowled on his face while his azure eyes sparkled. But not with excitement, or happiness. But with an overcoming sadness, hidden deep inside his soul. He was well built with raging muscles, covered by a thick layer of cloth and chain mail underneath. Onyx shoulder plates laid on his sturdy and sleek shoulders, following his bones. The breeze played with the edges of his black cloak. Moonlight cracked on his tanned skin, revealing three whisker marks on each cheek.

Several chakra networks stirred around, awakening him from his peaceful slumber. A deep growl rose up from the depths inside his mind.
"Yeah, I know." His muscles tensed.
"Those Leaf shinobi again.. It's probably a search party. Urgh, they're persistent as hell." The voice sighed. "It's your call, kit."
"You know I can't kill them. But I won't go back there, either." The man closed his eyes and leaned against a tree, determined stares laying on him.

"Then hide." Suddenly, he jumped into an old pine's vivid branches and concealed his chakra. His eyelids stirred and revealed a pair of dark red feline-like eyes while his whisker marks deepened into his skin and two fangs made their way out of his pinkish lips.
He put a gloved hand on the tree bark beside him, listening closely to the people a few meters away.
"But I swear, he was right here! We all saw him!" One of them, a pink haired kunoichi whispered.
"Well, that's not enough! Haven't you figured that out already? Are you really that dumb?" A cold and somewhat disappointed voice rose up upon the other, that made the blond's brows twitch.

"Naruto, are-"
"I'm fine, don't worry about me, Kurama." He narrowed his eyes to look at his once-loved friend. He had coal-dark hair, pulled back like a duck's feathers. "Huh.. Sasuke's grown up a lot." Regret was embedded in his voice.
"I should be saying that about you. You've matured a lot these past two and a half years. Maybe even more than he has." Kurama curled his tails around the boy.
"Now, now, Sasuke, don't be mad at Sakura. We've been out searching for him for five days now. We should return to the village and report to the Hokage. But I promise you, this won't be the last search mission we take on." Said a white haired, masked man with his left eye covered by his headband.

"Tch. Whatever." Sasuke gritted his teeth, grunting.
"So what now, Kakashi sensei?" Sakura put her hands up to her chest in a comforting manner, still shaken by her crush's harsh remark.
"We should head back to the meeting place. Go tell Izumo and Kotetsu."
"Right." The pinkette took off while the two men jumped away.

"Finally. They were making my fur tangle. Let's just finish this mission."
"Yeah." Naruto turned back to his normal self.
"Do you wanna talk about it, kit?" Kurama asked, seeing the distressed look on his Jinchuriki's face.
"No, I'm better off with things unsaid. But thanks." Naruto looked up to his Tailed Beast and patted his dark orange fur.
"I'm here if you need me." He purred with a soothing gaze.
"I know, bud."

The boy jumped from tree to tree until he reached a place filled with light and a slight puff of smoke. A small fire was still burning, the branches thrown in almost turned into ashes.
"These guys really are idiots. Leaving a fire like this. Which makes me wonder.. The Oharo Clan is not composed of morons so..." His voice trailed off.
"This must be a trap." Kurama finished his sentence. Suddenly, more like as expected, a group of ninjas burst out of the nearby bushes and surrounded the blond. Naruto chuckled darkly while the rogues grabbed their kunai.

"Came back for more?" He didn't move an inch and seemed very relaxed.
"We're here to end your life. So don't get too comfortable with the breeze on your face." One of them with a big scar on his face snarled.
"Huh. So you were indeed morons.." Naruto closed his eyes, annoying them some more. He knew very well what his enemies were capable of. But they were too blind to listen to the whispers about him. The way people from the Five Great Nations called him... The Deadly Shadow.

He dissapeared and appeared behind some of them before he sliced their throats open with his own kunai. Three down, two more to go. The rest stood there, gaping at the sight before them.
"What? Changed your mind?" Seeing them stand in the fighting stance once again, made him realize that they weren't going to give up any time soon.
Oh well, I would have tried to avoid any useless deaths, but they aren't giving me any other choice..

*Slice*

They were dead. Naruto didn't hesitate to kill the rest. There was no need to search their minds for any useful intell because they didn't possess any. Besides, he already knew the reason why the Oharo Clan was after him.

Somehow, they had the same reason as the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

______________________________
~Hello everyone! I been thinking about this idea for a while and thus, I've published a new Naruto story. Just so you know, our handsome blondie has a black cloak with a hood. He has black pants as well and his pouches are lined around his (*ahem* slim *ahem*) waist. He rarely takes his hood off. He's around 16 years old so imagine him as the Shippuden Naruto.
Well, I've said enough for now. But remember!
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Until next time!~
~Bella~
💕