The Decision Of A Lifetime

Naruto's POV

"You know what you have to do, don't you, kit?" Kurama nudged the teen softly.
"Yeah. I can't leave this precious information to anyone besides the Hokage. So I must deliver it myself." He gritted his teeth and snarled. "Damn it!" Naruto clenched his fists. He didn't want to return to that place, after all those years of running away. He punched the tree behind him with full force as pain shot through his nerves, throwing the bark-covered trunk a few feet away. After a few minutes, his rage subsided and was overcome by tiredness. Sighing, the blond got up on his feet, arranging his cloak so his face was completely engulfed by his hood's shadow. Only a pair of cerulean eyes glittered through. He grabbed the scroll and jumped on the nearest branch, heading for the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

"I'm sorry you've gotta do this, little one." Kurama showed him one of his rare moments of deep affection. He nuzzled the top of Naruto's head, earning a surprised chuckle from the blond, hugging his big muzzle.
"It's not your fault, bud. Besides, I'm only going to give her the scroll, explain the situation and then stay at Mount Myoboku until those bastards make a move."

He knew he'd have to deal with cries of joy and so on but still fixated his mind on protecting the world. Naruto didn't hate the village or its people, not at all. He loved them. But there was no chance for him to adapt to village life again. He learned how to forgive. But not how to forget. And that's how he moved past the painful memories circling his soul.
Decided to arrive there faster, he used the Transportation Justu Minato had taught him. Well, he did bring some adjustments to it, though. He didn't need markings to teleport, he needed chakra signatures that can be layered anywhere, undetectable to others besides him.

Going through the hand signs, he dissapeared and appeared a few hundred miles away, in the forest near the Hidden Leaf.
"You've really improved your father's justu. I'm proud." Kurama sat down.
"It's actually Lord Second's. But thanks." The teen jumped from tree to tree and reached the Main Gates. They were big and sturdy, as always.
"This place has changed a little, since the last time I've been here." He looked around discreetly. Birds were chirping around, children were playing and shinobi came and left on missions. Pretty peaceful, some would say.

Taking a deep breath, Naruto steadied himself and took a few steps towards the entrance. People were looking at him suspiciously. After all, it's not everyday that you see a hooded stranger walking inside your village. He didn't want to attract any unneeded attention so he looked for a familiar face he knew he could trust.
His gaze happened to trail along a masked man who was reading a book. Naruto chuckled slightly to himself.
"I guess some people never change."
"Yeah, tell me about it." Kurama snickered, earning a vicious glare from his blond Jinchuriki.

Naruto walked over to the man and cleared his throat.
"May I help you?" The jounin pulled his gaze out of the book. He had to admit that the man's voice seemed extremely familiar.
"Yes. I need to speak to the Hokage. It's urgent." Naruto kept his face hidden.
"And who might you be, if I ask?" The man seemed intrigued by the stranger he actually knew.
"I can't tell you that, Kakashi sensei." He lifted his face a little so Kakashi could see his unmistakable blue eyes through the shadow provided by his black hood.

The Copy Ninja widened his unmasked eye and for a few moments, he stood there, absolutely speechless.
"N-Naruto? I-Is.. Is that really you?" He whispered, almost terrified to lose his number one hyperactive knucklehead again.
"We'll have time for this later. Now, take me to Lady Tsunade. And make sure no one finds out about me." The teen hid his face in the hood again.
"Oh-Alright. But you do owe us some answers, kiddo." Kakashi couldn't move his eye off Naruto's hidden figure. He was so curious.
"You'll see in the office. Now hurry up." The boy hurried his pace. He already knew the way to the Mansion but he still let the older man guide him.
"And here we are. I have to warn you, Lady Tsunade's been a little grumpy lately so I can't promise you that she won't break your bones." Kakashi gave him a sympathetic closed-eye smile.

Naruto just blinked and knocked on the door.
"Come in." The Fifth Hokage said. The blond twisted the door knob and walked inside the well lit room. Lady Tsunade was signing some papers but put them on the desk the moment she caught a glimpse of azure eyes. She had a feeling but couldn't let herself hope.
"Kakashi, who is this young man you've brought?" Lady Fifth asked with a curious gaze.
"Ehehe.. Well, actually.." His voice trailed off as he nervously scratched the back of his neck. A habit he had gotten from his student.

Naruto pulled his hood off, earning gasps and a shocked face. You know, the usual. His face was emotionless as always while Lady Tsunade remained breathless. She opened her mouth but no sound came, and closed it once again. Her brown eyes were getting watery. They just stood there, in complete silence. Slowly, she got up from her chair and walked over to her 'adopted grandson'. She moved her gaze on him, from head to toe, studying his features, never seen before by any other Leaf shinobi.

"N-Naruto?" The old woman asked in a shaky, hoarse voice, as if she had been crying for an entire night. A spark popped in her eyes. Naruto was expecting her to kick the life out of him but was deeply surprised when she wrapped her arms around his muscular body, caressing his soft, silky hair.
She let a few tears roll down on her cheeks and then onto Naruto's sturdy shoulders as he hugged her back.
"Where have you been? What have you been doing? Did you have people around you? Are you healthy? Do you-" She stopped herself when Naruto closed his eyes.

"I'm fine, my lady. Don't worry about me." Lady Tsunade gaped. He was so polite. Too polite. Kakashi was still observing the two from the door. He seemed surprised as well.
"I have to show you something. That's the reason I came here. Don't get me wrong, but I haven't come to stay." The blond looked at her. He was just as tall as her. Well, as her and her high heels. Tsunade sighed with sadness.
"I see. What is the matter?"

"I was sent on a mission from the Raikage to extract intell from a group of missing nins. They turned out to be Orochimaru's pawns. I searched their minds but all of the information is in this scroll." Tsunade spread her hand as Naruto gave her the scroll. She opened it and widened her eyes.
"It seems Orochimaru is working with my biggest rival for common benefit. The snake gets to destroy your village and he obtains.. The Rinnegan." Sweatdrops rolled down Kakashi's and Lady Tsunade's foreheads.
"But I thought it was just a fairytale." Naruto's serious face told them it was real.

"We need to prevent them from using the Reanimation Justu on Madara Uchiha. Orochimaru intends to use his Mangekyou Sharingan to take control of the Nine Tails while my rival wants to combine his visual prowess with his own, resulting the Rinnegan." Naruto explained, earning understanding nods. Kakashi and the Hokage shared glances, asking each other if Naruto was aware of the demon sealed inside of him.
"And when is this supposed to occur?" Lady Tsunade closed the scroll.
"Frankly, I don't know. But I do have a guess. Orochimaru wants the Nine Tails to be at full power. That will happen three months from now, on this exact day, when the seal opens partly and Kurama can use a much bigger amount of chakra."

"Naruto.. You-" The blond cut her off.
"I know about his presence and about me being a Jinchuriki. You don't have to bother having that talk with me." He used his hand to move away some locks from his face.
"Who is Kurama?" Kakashi joined in.
"It's the Nine Tails' true name. But enough of that. We must take precaution measures in order to fend off these two. And I have something I need you to grant me."
"Of course. What is it?" The old woman's gaze softened, ready to give him whatever he needed.

"Freedom." The word made her flinch but she soon sighed with understanding. He couldn't live the rest of his life running away from her shinobi. "At least after all of this is over." Naruto didn't change his facial expression.
"Very well. And who is this rival of yours, if I may ask?" Lady Tsunade leaned against her desk.
"Toneri Otsutsuki. It's a long story that I'd rather not share with you, if you don't mind."
Just when he was about carry on, the door creaked open, revealing eleven teens, with shocked expressions. He turned his head around and cerulean met obsidian black, in a mix of colours and deep feelings.

______________________________
Hey! A bit overwhelming, eh? Can't blame ya! So yeah, Naruto's rival turned out to be Toneri. Dum, dum, dum!  The bad guy from The Last: Naruto the Movie.
Anyway,
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Love ya!~
~Bella~
💕