Ice Cold

Naruto's POV

"Damn, it's cold." Shikamaru buried his face into the collar of his white cloak. "How are you not even shivering?" He directed his attention towards Naruto, who was unfazed by the snowflakes falling around him, or the cold wind crashing into their bodies.
"My jumpsuit is based on a chakra network so I can simply 'rebuild' it whenever it gets torn. Thus, it keeps me warm as if it wouldn't be freezing cold right now." The blond spoke lowly as he tugged at his gloves, a puff of white escaping his lips. His body may have been kept warm, but he was aware of his unwelcoming surroundings.

Kakashi apparently hadn't bothered to warn the two chunin on the team about the dangerously-low temperature so he had put on a three-layer-vest beneath the cloak to keep him toasty as they trotted along the snowy path passing through the Land of Iron. Lady Tsunade was no less prepared than him. Her favorite high heels had been replaced with a pair of leather boots of the same height and she had a layer of wool over her green top. But Sasuke was the focus of Naruto's concern. He only had his long sleeved shirt, chunin vest and cloak and the young Uzumaki had noticed his lips turning slightly blue.

Lowering his pace, Naruto left the Hokage's side and fell in step with the stubborn and prideful raven before he leaned slowly to whisper in his ear.
"Are you cold?"
"No." He expected no less from him but a brief mutter.
"Sasuke." His low voice had managed to get Sasuke's attention as his coal-black eyes found their place onto his blue ones. "Even a genin would be able to tell that you're shivering. Besides, your chakra network is in disarray." The Uchiha blinked once before he turned his head around, ignoring the other's comment, which made Naruto sigh softly.

The Jinchuriki tapped Sasuke's shoulder gently as he sent a wave of chakra into him and thus covering his body in order to offer warmth. The chunin flinched in surprise, his eyes widening in the blond's direction. He opened his mouth and furrowed his eyebrows, ready to argue against it.
"Don't be a proud moron and just shut up." Naruto sighed again before he glanced at his flushed face one more time and walked next to Lady Tsunade.
"Can you stop looking at me like that?" He snapped at Kurama, who was eyeing him with delight.
"You're getting mushy again. I like you better like this." The fox chuckled fondly, his teasing smile getting wider. He didn't really like him when he was like that, but he did like pissing him off in the right circumstances. And so did the rest.

"You're showing affection towards him, Naruto! That's so adorable!" Matatabi purred with genuine satisfaction as she curled her blue and black-striped tail around his body. And Naruto, having a huge weak spot when it comes to the tigress, let it slide.
"I'm sure he'd like to cuddle with you, since he's cold. I mean, he would probably want to do it anyway, you know?" Son elbowed him slightly only to make the blond grit his teeth and close his eyes.
"He might want to do more than just-" Shukaku's amused chuckle got cut off by a loud growl.
"Can you idiots just shut up! And stop talking about that! Nothing like that is ever going to happen!" Naruto erupted suddenly, his eyes narrowed to slits. "Why the hell are we even talking about this?"
"Heh, chill kit, we're only teasing yo-! Oh. My. God. Holy-! Are you actually blushing?" Kurama burst out laughing along with Son and the others while Shukaku rolled on the ground, laughing his lungs out. Naruto widened his eyes upon realizing that he was indeed blushing, so he hid his face into Matatabi's fur, who wrapped herself around him, isolating him from the Tailed Beasts.

"This is the first time in the four years I've been stuck here when I actually see you blush." Gyuki chuckled. "Bee needs to hear about this."
"If anyone hears about this, you are ALL dead, you hear me? I can push you into the deepest part of the psyche from where you won't be able to see or hear anything." Naruto growled loudly, making the Tailed Beasts shiver in terror. They were aware that he could do that very easily. "All except Matatabi, anyway." The tigress leaned down to lick his cheek lovingly.
"How I wish Yugito could've spent more time with you.." She sighed softly.
"I know. Me too." The blond frowned. And this time, he let it slip outside of the Tailed Beast Psyche.

"Naruto? Is everything alright?" Tsunade asked him in a gentle voice but ready for any surprise attacks.
"Yeah." He snapped out of it, blinking twice to fully understand what was going on at the time. Seeing the woman's concerned face, he spoke further. "The Tailed Beasts are just being morons again." He gave her a small smile to put her mind at ease as she smiled back.
"How further out is the summit?" Shikamaru finally asked the question that Naruto himself was wondering.
"About half an hour of walking." Kakashi secured the headband covering his eye. It was slowly slipping down because of the cold.

"This is such a drag." The Nara muttered after a few minutes of silence, sighing afterwards.
"Everything is a drag for you." Sasuke rolled his eyes while he buried his fists into his pockets.
Shikamaru ignored his comment and kept walking despite his sore feet and freezing toes.
Naruto on the other hand, had suddenly fallen into a trance of melancholy as memories washed all over him. He remembered his parents' sacrifice, Jiraiya and Nagato's deaths, Konan's weary eyes, even Kou and Nawaki's warmth. It hadn't been long since he'd last seen them, but no matter how hard he'd tried to deny it, he missed them. The two morons. Or more like moron and a half.

Sasuke's frown deepened when he saw the troubled look on his face and his now empty eyes.
"Are you okay?" He nudged him gently with his elbow as their shoulders brushed.
"Yeah."
"Don't lie to me. I know when you do."
".. I don't know." Naruto finally sighed. It wasn't really normal for him to have flashbacks like that. All of that anxiety and pain, it just surfaced as if it had been slumbering for ages. And it probably had.
"Naruto.." Sasuke held his arm while they fell a few steps behind the other three. The blond's gaze moved onto his. "I'm here, okay? You can talk to me whenever you need to." The raven gave him a small smile. That was when all of those mischievous feelings faded away. Naruto felt like he was being pulled out of the pitch-black depths of the sea and brought into daylight. Realization had finally hit him, yet not entirely.

The blond nodded slightly, his eyes saying much more than that. He slowly turned his head away but he could still feel Sasuke's stare on him.
"What are you doing to me..?" He muttered softly, almost inaudible.
"What?" The young Uchiha strained his ears.
"Nothing. Look, we're almost there." Sasuke's head snapped up to see a huge building standing a few yards in front of them.
"Finally." Shikamaru let out a breath of relief.
Why do I have a feeling I'm going to regret joining them?
"I honestly think it's best we don't find out." Kurama laid himself down, forming small waves that had disturbed a sleeping Shukaku.
"I'm trying to sleep, damn it!"
"I don't care! We're about to face the meeting between the five Kage and you're sleeping!"
"So what? You used to sleep all the time, even when the blondie had to train his ass off!"
"Can you two dimwits shut up already? You're giving me a headache." Gyuki interrupted their stupid quarrel.

"Pff. Fine." Shukaku rolled his eyes before he crawled into a comfy position, ready to go back to sleep.
"The building is huge." Shikamaru stated as they got nearer and nearer. Naruto instinctively walked over to Lady Tsunade's side just to make sure that she was out of harm's way.
Here we go.
"All of these shinobi are probably going to die anyway."
"Shukaku!" Son cuffed the back of his head, earning a yelp.
"What? This will probably turn out like when Kaguya came!"

"Shukaku, for God's sake, SHUT UP."
"FINE!"

______________________________
I don't even know anymore, guys. A crappy filler mostly. The next one's gonna be better, I promise. Sorry, but I didn't have any inspiration. This last school year is the hardest I'll experience and I need to study like crazy. And I'm only halfway through. Oh well, please just bear with me. There're only a few months left guys 'till I update twice a week again. Anyway, sorry about the rambling, I'm just a normal girl who's stressed out! You guys know what I mean, don't you?
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'The Five Kage Summit'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
❤️