It Has Begun

Naruto's POV

It has finally begun. The sooner we get this mission over with, the sooner the Oharo Clan will be forever gone. Naruto closed his eyes as he let his gaze wander upon the huge columns supporting the giant ceiling above their heads while a wave of satisfaction passed his body pleasantly. The Great Hall of the Oharo Clan seemed somewhat different from the other rooms inside the hideout.
Naruto hadn't gotten to see this since back then, it was being built.
Although it was an extremely spacious chamber, the Hall held a stale smell and the air was thick and heavy. That may be because of the hundred Oharo nestled inside with curiosity sprawled across their obnoxiously pale faces.

"Hey.." Naruto tilted his head slightly to turn a ear towards the Oharo who was uncomfortably brushing his left shoulder against the Jinchuriki's right, given the huge crowd of drowsy shinobi.
"Hmm?" He expressed his small amount of interest.
"Why do you think he's summoned all of us here?" Takao whispered, leaning slightly in the blond's direction while his gaze remained fixed on the man sitting stiffly on the stone throne positioned on the highest level of the ground, over the other side of the Great Hall.

"Probably because of the fire. But I'm getting a feeling that there's more to it than that." Naruto whispered back with the same low tone. And it was indeed more. He remembered that Aoi had stayed behind, claiming to be too wounded to move.
"There's something that has been bothering me."
"What is is, kit?" Kurama breathed out before he sneezed, scrunching his nose tiredly afterwards.
"Aoi must have been faking being in all that pain. The wounds didn't correspond." The rogue rubbed his chin in the Tailed Beast psyche.
"Kit, I'm not as bright as you are and I certainly don't have any ANBU instincts. Do you mind?" Bored, the fox rolled his demonic eyes while his muzzle rested on his open paw.

"He might have faked being severely injured so he wouldn't have to attend this gathering. The question is why?And out of all places, why did the fire start inside his room?" Naruto ignored his comment and narrowed his eyes as thoughts ran wildly along the hills of his mind.
"Blondie, you're making that face again." Son Goku didn't like the way it was all going.
"What face?" The blond asked, his focus completely elsewhere.
"The one that tells me you're gonna do something stupid."
"Hn." Naruto fluttered his hand dismissively.
"See? He didn't even comment! That's not an actual word!" Son flicked his tails while Kurama sighed, telling him to shut up.

"We have all gathered here to discuss a very important matter." Ryoko's voice resonated throughout the Hall.
"He's definitely going to bring up the fire and the most logical person to be responsible for it would be the shinobi from the enemy clan." Naruto's muscles tensed up upon thinking of the outcome.
"So what now? If he does, he might choose to imprison you or worse - just like an Oharo - to kill you." Kurama flattened his ears on his head.
"I have a witness. Takao has been with me the whole day. He knows exactly where I've been." He glanced over his right where the impatient Oharo stood, or more like, jumped in his place. He had too much energy and he consumed too little.

"And? I mean, do you really think Ryoko would take his word for it?" The fox shook his head, doubt crossing his furry face.
"Think about it. Takao must be the one Ryoko trusts at least somewhat wholeheartedly to be left to watch over a shinobi of the Mukami Clan. And not only that, he was also sent by Ryoko to complete the exchange." Naruto explained his argument.
"It might work, Nine." Gyuki nudged the Tailed Beast next to him who sighed in return.
"Whatever happens, just don't get yourself killed." Kurama formed a few waves in the water after he let his body fall to sit down and watch everything through his Jinchuriki's eyes. The blond nodded his head inwardly.

"As you all know, there has recently been a fire in our headquarters and it has destroyed three rooms located in the western wing. Given the growth of the destruction, we can only assume that it had originally started inside Aoi's room since, unlike the other two, his is entirely in ruins." The Oharo moved his gaze over the waves of sturdy ninja. Just as expected. "Unfortunately, Aoi has been severely injured by the falling debris and thus, he couldn't join us. As for the cause of the incident, three of our Jounin have searched the room after the fire had been extinguished and they've found some potential clues which say that it wasn't an accident at all. Although I am greatly doubtful to even think about it, the only shinobi that had been in the area, apart from Aoi, are Takao and our new attire, Takao of the Mukami Clan. I've been told that they were also the only ones to enter Aoi's room as soon as the smoke had risen to the ceiling." Ryoko closed his eyes and let all of the new information to be digested as the swarms of Oharo gasped in disbelief.

Naruto could feel Takao shift uncomfortably as everyone around them gave them accusatory glares and glances while others looked as if they couldn't believe their ears. The blond was used to it and so he remained unfazed but he couldn't help feeling bad for the ninja at his side. Takao seemed quite frightened, given the fact that he tried constantly to hide behind Naruto or to get swallowed up by the ground. He must have been getting glares, assuming that he is the leader's right hand. But I don't think he's ever been looked at like that. The Oharo around them stirred up to say all kinds of insults, mostly consisting of 'traitor' and 'scum'.
He doesn't seem to fear being incriminated, though. I might have been right regarding his position here.

Naruto raised his hand before he grasped Takao's shoulder, squeezing it slightly in order to bring him a little comfort. The Oharo gave him a small, grateful smile.
"Don't mind them. They can't even judge for themselves so they swallow up any thing that comes out of Ryoko's mouth." The blond hissed lowly. "This is for you to acknowledge who really are your comrades." He threw a few repulsive looks around himself, scaring some of them.
"I must say that I am absolutely certain that Takao, the Oharo, has nothing to do with this. I can guarantee." I knew it. The faces of some of the shinobi around them suddenly softened as they gave Takao a set of fake smiles and smirks while others still seemed to find the two suspicious before they all redirected their attention towards their leader. "And this way, only one obvious suspect remains: Takao the Mukami."

______________________________
Heya! I'm sorry I couldn't update twice last week but I was on holiday and I didn't have the time to write two chapters. I promise I will update twice this week, though. And as for the next week, I'll be going on an eight-day trip with some of my friends and my English class, so no updates for the whole week, sorry guys. I really hope you don't mind.
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden: 'Trial Of Innocence'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕