Homecoming

Naruto's POV

"Look!"
"There he is!"
"He's back! Our hero!"
Oh God.

Naruto groaned inwardly, his eyes widening slightly but his overall appearance was still composed.
"If the circumstances were different and the atmosphere weren't so gloomy, I can assure you I'd be laughing my ass off right now." Kurama snorted as his silky black nose scrunched in amusement. The blond glared at him, in response to which the fox raised his paws, surrendering.
The Jinchuriki tilted his head to the left to throw a subtle glance at Sasuke. The raven gave him a small knowing smile, nodding towards the immense crowd of people as if he was saying 'go ahead'. The village was now something similar to a desert but they seemed happy nevertheless. Naruto sighed as his blue, tired eyes moved onto the mountains of villagers before him. Nagato had given them back their lives. They were all cheering and waving their arms in the air, unaware of the identity of their actual savior. The blond's hands itched with the desire to pull his hood up, but the look on they faces made him think that maybe it wasn't the right time.

Kakashi took a few steps towards Naruto and brushed his shoulder against his, trying to comfort him before he whispered in his ear.
"Go, Naruto. They won't bite." The jounin was probably smiling behind his mask. The way the girls were clapping and yelling their lungs out with a weird sparkle in their eyes wasn't calming Naruto at all.  I'm not so sure about that.
He took a deep breath as he started walking forward while scanning the area for a way out in case things took a bad turn. His eyes found themselves upon a smirking Kiba and a shy, smiling Hinata who was standing at his side. Shikamaru was running his fingers along the smooth fabric of the pants covering his once injured leg. He nodded his head in something similar to respect, that Naruto's wasn't expecting to see.

Instead, the mountain of villagers at his right was quaking as people moved out of a certain kunoichi's way. The Jinchuriki tilted his head to the right to notice Sakura surfacing out of it. Her face suddenly lit up and filled with relief at the sight of him. She had probably been worried sick. But he wasn't ready for what happened next. Sakura took off and jumped into Naruto's arms, wrapping hers around his neck. Her gloved fingers found themselves buried in his blonde locks, tugging at them slightly. The blond stood there petrified for a second before he put his hands on her little waist, squeezing her to his chest while he placed his chin on her shoulder and his eyes ajar. He could hear the small sobs escaping her lips and feel the moisture on her face which was pressed against his tanned neck.

The crowd grew silent, being replaced by shushed whispers so Naruto could listen to Sakura's shaky voice.
"Don't y-you ever d-do that again.. You idiot." She nuzzled into his neck, small tears streaming down her cheeks and onto his skin.
Naruto let out a whispered chuckle only to squeeze her more tightly. Once they broke away from the embrace, she smiled softly, sniffing and wiping her tears. That was when everyone started cheering again and Naruto cringed at the sound. Sakura laughed a little at his distressed expression before she walked back to the rookies, leaving him to get overwhelmed by the population of the Hidden Leaf.
"Whoa! Slow down!" Naruto raised his arms to keep away the squealing girls who were launching themselves at him.

"Naruto!"
"Handsome!"
"Hands off! He's mine!"
"Who says so?"
I'm no ones, you little-!
"Out of the way! Stop stressing Big Brother Naruto!" Konohamaru popped out of the sea of table arms, followed by Udon and Moegi who were using puppets to shoo the fangirls. Those puppets looked exactly like.. Lee.. And Guy? What the-I'm not even going to ask.
Naruto smiled gently at the boy before him, causing the crowd to start swooning. Someone kill them already. Please.
"Well, that can be arranged." Kurama smirked evilly, a morbid spark in his red, feline eyes.
"Anyone but you or the others, Kurama. Be rational, will you? I don't want to be charged with the deaths of all these women." The blond rolled his eyes inwardly.
"Come with us, Big Bro!" Naruto let the trio sneak him away from the distracted and equally disgusted audience and a few meters away, to Iruka, who smiled upon seeing his tanned face.

"Naruto.. You've grown since last time I saw you." He laughed softly, remembering how Naruto had dropped by the chunin's house the very first day he'd returned to the village.
"You're pretty much the same, sensei." Naruto smiled back, his voice warmer than before. Iruka took two steps forward to pat his former student's sturdy shoulder as the other chuckled.
"Look! There he is!" Not only the girls but the whole village was heading for him. They were probably going to lift him up and carry him on their arms.

Oh-Hell no!

~~~<>~~~

The wind ruffled Naruto's blonde locks, making him close his eyes to enjoy the feeling. He was resting on a branch, his back pressed leisurely against the tree trunk and his left leg spread forward while the other was bent and his right hand had found its place on it. A soft sigh escaped his lips, his eyes closing. Suddenly, he raised his arm to catch a kunai between his fingers as he remained unfazed. He studied it carefully to find a slip of paper wrapped around it with a string. The blond's eyes glowed a bright shade of feral red while the string popped, letting the paper fall in Naruto's open palm. He put the kunai in his pouch and stretched the other object into a squared shape before he read it carefully, a monotone but somewhat sad look on his face.

Fox,
   You probably already know that it worked. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine since I'll only proceed according to the original plan. Besides, I can feel that Pain has died. Knowing you, I wouldn't assume it was you who ended his life. Either way, I'm sure you made the right decision. Don't blame yourself for anything.
Take care.

Naruto sighed heavily. His current life was way too complicated.
He squeezed the paper into a ball and set it on fire using one finger. The flame reflected in his blue pools of blue sparked as the message charred to ashes, floating away with the chilly night breeze.
Naruto turned his head to the right to catch a glimpse of white. The white moonlight which cloakes the skin of someone pale.
"Are you coming?" Sasuke's voice was gentle, although he had no idea what the other was going through.
"Yeah." Naruto whispered. He knew that the raven had heard him. He always did.

Yeah.

______________________________
Heya! Another one up! It's a bit gloomy, but meh. The fangirl part should be funny enough though.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it!
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'New Enemies'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕