Willing To Change The Past

Sasuke's POV

The black haired Uchiha was leaning against a tree, pretty close to the Main Gates. His teeth were gritted and his fist were quivering with anger. How long does it take those dumbasses to get back here?
He was waiting from Team Kurenai to report to Lady Tsunade on their search mission. Hn. Like they could do it better, anyway. He closed his eyes and let his memories flood his mind, creeping into his already torn apart-heart, a little more.

*********************************

~~~<>~~~

*********************************

He remembered the way Naruto had brought him back from Orochimaru, breaking the justu he had put on the boy. He sighed while furrowing his eyebrows, his bottom lip curled into a snarl. Urgh! What was that idiot thinking? He chose to fend for himself and leave us all behind?! Such a moron! I can't-
His angered thoughts were interrupted by a ninja hound's lousy bark. Filled with hope, Sasuke jumped down from the roof and ran towards the gates. He saw a fidgety Hinata, as always, a monotone Shino, and a grunting Kiba. Kurenai stood aside, keeping her gaze on the ground while Akamaru puffed his white cheeks. Suddenly, the raven's slightly happy face dropped, as well as his heart.

"Anything?" He tried not to sound desperate.
"Not a scratch. It's as if he became an ANBU, seriously." The dog-like boy rolled his eyes.
"Tch. Should have expected that from you." Sasuke snarled.
"Like you did any better! And since when have you become so fond of him, huh? Last time I checked, you couldn't stand the guy!" Kiba gritted his teeth, his fangs showing.

"Kiba.." Hinata tried to reach him but Sasuke's shadow stopped her.
"Say one more damn word, Kiba, and I won't be able to promise you I'll hold back when I get a chance to turn your ass inside out." He leaned and whispered in his ear in a threatening manner. Kiba turned pale. The raven backed away and glared at the teen before he turned his back at them and walked away, his hands stuffed deep inside his pockets.
"Sasuke's never been like this before.." The bluenette frowned softly, her delicate fingers fiddling with a strand of midnight-blue hair.
"He's been like this since Naruto left.. Always grumpy and insufferable. I mean, I miss that idiot too, but I'm not acting like a huge asshole." Kiba crossed his arms on his chest, narrowing his eyes.
"But it was to be expected." Shino stated, earning confused glares from his teammates. "You may have not realized, but even though they seemed to be mortal enemies, actually, they cared a lot about each other. I don't know about Naruto anymore, but it's clear that Sasuke still loves him as his best friend." He pushed his glasses on his nose.

"And since when have you become a love guru, Shino?" The dog boy petted Akamaru's ruffled white fur, narrowing his eyes.
"I haven't. I was just stating the obvious."
"We should go see Lady Tsunade. I'm sure Sasuke is going to be alright. Eventually." Kurenai sighed.

~~~<>~~~

Sasuke was walking down the street, heading towards his home. He was walking slowly, as if someone could pop out with news about Naruto. He gritted his teeth again. I can't believe what that idiot's made of me! I'm an Uchiha! I'm not supposed to get emotional like this! Urgh!
The raven let his anger out on the nearest tree, grazing his knuckles. The pain flowing through his veins felt like liquid fire, somehow calming him. But nothing compared to the pain Naruto's disappearance had caused him. Sasuke's huge ego never let him admit it to himself either, but he loved Naruto very much, like the real, loving brother he never had. At least, that's what he used to think. The more he thought about it, the stronger that weird feeling in his gut got. Either way, Naruto had made his childhood a beautiful thing, in his own silly, moronic way.

If only.. If only she had kept her mouth shut! Naruto would still be here, annoying the hell out of me!
And speaking of the devil. A pink haired kunoichi came running towards the man.
"Sasuke!" She had a huge smile on her face. Sasuke ignored her and walked away. "Sasuke! Wait!" She stopped in front of him. He still had his eyes closed, acting as if she wasn't there. "Kakashi sensei gave us this day off. Do you want to come with me? I'm going to Ino's-"
"I don't care what you're doing, Sakura. Get lost." The raven walked past her.

"When are you going to stop acting like this, Sasuke? Don't you see it hurts everyone around you?" Sakura's eyes were filling with tears.
"Do I look like I give a shit?" He kept walking but Sakura ran next to him, clinging on his arm.
"But Sasuke! You don't-" She stopped when he gave her a death glare, full of hatred.
"I told you to go away. It's your fault he's left and you know it. Don't expect me to act all lovey-dovey with anyone, especially you. You're just a weakling who's too absorbed by herself and can't face the truth. I don't like you, I never have and I never will. You lost the chance to at least be my friend when you told him those things and scared him off." The raven spit with disgust.

"Now, as I told you before, get the hell out of my sight." He hissed. Because of all the anger in his heart, his Sharingan flashed, scaring the girl. She took a few steps back and stumbled, falling on the ground. His eyes turned back to normal. Sasuke closed them again and walked away, leaving behind a sobbing Sakura, hugging her knees.

______________________________
Hey guys! I know what this looks like, but I don't hate Sakura, okay? I'm just... not that fond of her. I mean, she was fucking insufferable at the beginning but in Shippuden she was pretty okay. Meh, I guess I do like her. The grown up version at least. Anyway, my opinion of her doesn't matter so feel free to comment about your own. I hope you're enjoying the story so far.
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Until then!~
~Bella~
💕