Here Once More

Naruto's POV

Although he had already committed entirely to his mission, Naruto was still hesitant to step inside the Oharo Clan's hideout. The Oharo shinobi led him to the interior of the well-lit cave, a smirk prominent on his contorted face.
On the outside, Naruto's stoic appearance never changed, but he was no robot. He still had feelings. And on the inside, he was deeply scared. A strong feeling of dread and emptiness flooded his heart as he closed his eyes slightly to push out the screams and desperate voices trying to get into his head.

A worried look absorbed Kurama's face. In the Tailed Beast psyche, the fox lowered his head slowly to brush his nose gently against Naruto's blonde, spiky hair in a feather-like touch, almost nonexistent. He let his warm breath run through his Jinchuriki's locks, soothing him.

As soon as he set foot on the sleek marble, Naruto's heart went crazy and drops of cold sweat ran down his back, followed by shivers. It was so not like him. And he wasn't one to be called claustrophobic. He felt his collar tighten around his neck, choking him. All of those horrid memories were slowly coming back. All of those things he had desperately tried to forget.

The blond held his breath for a few seconds and then let it out silently, trying to calm himself.
He glanced at the Oharo but he didn't seem to have noticed anything about his abnormal behavior. I need to calm down. It's all in the past. It shouldn't be affecting me now. The Oharo let his gaze wander behind him to make sure Naruto was still following him.
"This is as far as we go. Now it's all up to you, Naruto." Kakashi muttered through the earphones.

Now steady, Naruto could feel Sasuke's worried eyes lingering on him. He could easily pinpoint the raven's location so before he would get lost inside the horror of the cave, the teen tilted his head to a side to smile gently towards the leaves of an old pine, where Sasuke was sitting, camouflaged. He was sure the Uchiha caught it. He could feel it. He'd better stay safe, otherwise I'll beat the crap out of him as soon as I'm done here. Naruto focused his thoughts on the raven in order to avoid getting caught up  into his own darkness.

A few seconds later, the Leaf shinobi remained sightless of their blond comrade. They had to entrust the mission to him.

"Lord Ryoko is expecting you. His personal suite is just up ahead." The Oharo mumbled.
"Hn." Naruto didn't bother to say an actual word to show his understanding. As they walked, he noticed that the walls were forming into a wide corridor. It was all very similar to Orochimaru's lair, which only made Naruto's mental state worse.
Oharo ninja began appearing, each and every one of them busy with their own matters. Suddenly, the vivid chatter broke up. Their eyes got filled with hate and it was all directed towards the supposed Mukami.

Naruto flinched inwardly. He barely had any weaknesses, but being looked at like that was one of them. "Kit.." Kurama's silky voice tried to comfort him. After all, the fox knew him better than anyone. And besides, he could also hear everything that Naruto was thinking. "They're not the villagers, nor your comrades. They're criminals." Naruto suppressed a tremble. He knew that his Tailed Beast was right. But he still saw the hateful gazes of the Leaf villagers, ready to chase him around the village. It still hurt him, nevertheless.

"I know. I-I'm fine." The Jinchuriki shook his head slightly to block out the hushed voices swarming around him. It's not like when I was a kid. It's different. He kept repeating it to himself, over and over again. Suddenly, the Oharo stopped dead in his tracks.
"And here we are. Bow down before him and be respectful if you don't want to be punished according to the Oharo code." He smirked in a sadistic manner.
"Will do." Naruto growled at him lowly. Still, he didn't want to have his limbs cut off and to be hanged above a mushy pile of cadavers on fire. Rules carved into stone.

Naruto took a few steps forward and let his gloved hands linger on the wooden door covered in inscriptions. Squinting slightly, he could make out the grim words: 'death to all those who defy us and desire to trot over our corpses while we give our dying breaths'.
Things really must have changed around here while I was away. He did not remember seeing those carvings last time he barged into the previous leader's room with killing intent visible in his eyes.
How odd.

Naruto bent his elbows and pushed the doors open before his arms flopped down along his sides. For a few seconds, he blinked rapidly in order to adjust his eyes to the bright light. As soon as he could see better, the blond found himself in front of the new leader of the Oharo Clan.

Ryoko Asu, in flesh and bones.
"I see our little Mukami associate has made himself known!" Ryoko clasped his hands together as he got up from his expensive-looking lounge. He had spiky silver hair with some blood-like streaks of red and emerald-green eyes. Naruto had to suppress his anger towards the man before him, grimacing on the inside. Disgusted, Kurama growled and clawed at the ground.

"This is my first time meeting this guy and I already can't stand him. Damn these Oharo." The Tailed Beast hissed through gritted teeth while rolling his demonic eyes.
"You shouldn't be surprised. It was to be expected." Naruto sighed inwardly. "And coming to think about it, given his last name, he must belong to the lower branch of the Clan. Those people are not considered 'worthy' of bearing the Oharo name. How pitiful." His lower lip curled into a snarl.

"Lord Ryoko." He swallowed his hatred and bowed respectfully.
He could also feel the focused gaze of the guy who had led him here as well as the ones belonging to Ryoko's personal maids. Naruto found the women's needy way of acting and their showy outfits quite tempting, but he didn't even throw a look at their faces, knowing that it might have granted them satisfaction.

With a tired breath, Ryoko pushed himself off of the leather couch. A sly smile creeped onto his face.
"Now that you are here, may we start?"

______________________________
Hey! Another one up! Thanks for all the support and for pointing out some mistakes of mine! It really is appreciated. Btw, if you don't remember, Naruto is currently under a Henge and his hair's brown while the whisker marks are gone. I noticed that I keep calling him 'blond' although he basically isn't, right now.
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden: 'Demon Business'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕