It's Never Enough

Naruto's POV

"Black Zetsu was basically the physical manifestation of Kaguya Otsutsuki's will. He secretly instigated many of the events that shaped the shinobi world to secure her revival." Naruto spoke slowly, leaning against the wall inside the Hokage's office with his eyes closed and arms folded on his chest.
"What did he do, more exactly?" Tsunade rubbed her chin as her eyes scanned the Jinchuriki's tanned, emotionless face. Now that his hood had been pulled down, he was just like a statue - completely unreadable.

"To further his plans, he posed as Madara Uchiha's manifested will then partnered with White Zetsu to become half of the Akatsuki member known simply as Zetsu." Naruto finally opened his eyes to see the shinobi before him. He could see that Sasuke seemed to be affected by hearing his Clan's name. The Hokage was sitting at her desk while Kakashi, Shikaku, Inoichi, Guy, Kurenai and Asuma stood at her side. Choza was sitting beside Choji and Ino, his face grave. Tsume was looking out the window although she was listening. The sweatdrops visible on her nape proved it. Kiba kept glancing worriedly at her as his eyes darted from her to Akamaru and to Naruto.

"How old is that thing?" Kakashi asked after a few minutes of silence, seemingly left without energy.
"I can't really tell. But he has been around ever since the Sage of Six Paths and his brother sealed her inside the moon. So I guess it's a long time." The blond let a small sigh escape his lips. "Black Zetsu would approach Indra alone periodically, goading him with praises and curiosity towards Indra's true potential, even going so far as to say he could rival if not surpass the Sage of Six Paths himself. When Hagoromo later named his younger son, Ashura, as the new leader of Ninshu, Black Zetsu tempted Hagoromo's elder son, Indra, to go in war with his younger brother." He narrowed his eyes as he started into nothingness. "And you probably know the rest. That's how the line of destined rivals came to be. The Uchiha from Indra and the Senju from Ashura, who, because of their blood connections, later passed it on to the Uzumaki Clan." His gaze darkened as a pang made itself known inside his chest. Tsunade raised her eyes to look at him. Sasuke's only widened slowly as realization hit him.

"So what you're saying is that at first it was Indra and Ashura, then Madara and the First Hokage and now.. Sasuke and.. You?" Her voice lowered while silence fell inside the room. Everyone was throwing glances at the other. It just didn't seem right for the two to be destined enemies.
"Yeah." Naruto nodded after a few seconds. "But that doesn't mean it will happen." He shook his head slightly to dismiss the thought of them fighting each other. That was when his gaze met the raven's. The soft look in his eyes only brought him some comfort. He was sure they wouldn't never resort to that.
"All of that aside, what else do you know about Black Zetsu?" Shikaku rubbed his temples.

"When Madara had seemingly created White Zetsu and its clone siblings, it was actually Black Zetsu pulling the transformed humans from Kaguya's Infinite Tsukuyomi out of the Gedo Statue, merging them with the essence of the Hashirama plant clone Madara created to give them a diluted Wood Style. It was a sick plan that nevertheless worked. When Madara was on the verge of death, he believed he had created Black Zetsu by imbuing his will into half of White Zetsu, and that the complete Zetsu was partially his clone. But he wasn't aware of his origins or his sole purpose to revive Kaguya. And he's managed to do it. It happened half a year ago when I met the Sage of Six Paths after basically dying." He rasped.

Sakura, Ino and Hinata gasped silently.
"Why.. Did that happen?" Tsunade enquired further.
"Madara had extracted the Tailed Beasts from me. And you know what happens when a Jinchuriki is left without their respective Beast."
Naruto waved his hand dismissively, returning to the matter at hand. "As for his abilities, there aren't many. Being a product of Kaguya's will, Black Zetsu itself is also able to manifest its will to gain influence over others, either by subtly manipulating their thoughts or forcefully manipulating their bodies by attaching himself to them. But that's not the point. I killed him right after sealing Kaguya away."

The newly found information didn't even have time to sink in.
"Then why are we wasting our time with him?" Inoichi sighed with exasperation, grabbing his head into his hands.
"Because I know that sly bastard and his unpredictable nature. And by that I mean both Toneri and Black Zetsu. He could be alive for all we know. A little bit of caution doesn't hurt." Naruto gritted his teeth to keep himself from hissing at the shinobi. He was stressed, they all were and there was no time for them to start bickering or yelling at each other. War was already knocking on their door.
Inoichi raised his eyes to meet the other's cold blue ones, swallowing his pride and nodding his head in agreement. "Worst case scenario, I make sure he dies for good while you deal with White Zetsu. That's the actual problem."

"So Black Zetsu was more like the brains of the previous operation and Toneri and Orochimaru are in charge now." Shikamaru stated.
"Yeah. And apparently, they're in charge of a Zetsu army." Shikaku joined in.
"White Zetsu was one of the first victims of the Infinite Tsukuyomi, and eventually was pulled from the Gedo Statue by Black Zetsu, and infused with the DNA of Hashirama Senju by Madara Uchiha." The blond felt a wave of disgust wash all over him, making him grimace slightly. "He is able to create and remotely communicate with near-identical clones of himself, which could absorb a person's chakra. Because White Zetsu is typically weaker than the one he is imitating, he mainly uses this technique through his clones to serve as decoys or for infiltration and assassination."

"Being almost entirely made of the cells of Hashirama Senju, White Zetsu has the capacity to heal nearly any wound, even without the use of hand seals. Overall, he's not too strong. The real problem is the number of clones he can make." Naruto finished his speech by uncrossing his arms and letting them fall along his torso.
"Well, at least now we know what we're dealing with. Send word to the other Kage regarding the intel we have on both of the Zetsu." Tsunade looked at Inoichi who bowed respectfully before taking his leave, followed by the clan leaders and sensei who did the same, except Kakashi. He remained by Tsunade's side along with the rookies.
"I really don't like where this is going." Sasuke hissed lowly. He may be one to enjoy a good fight but a war certainly wasn't what he was looking for.
"Neither do I. It will most likely result in an immense amount of casualties." Neji found himself voicing his thoughts.

"But we don't have a choice. It's either we fight back or let ourselves be taken over by two psychos. It's such a drag." Shikamaru sighed.
"True." Shino nodded his head, pushing his eyeglasses back onto his nose. "And none of us is willing to fall back." Kiba immediately frowned, knowing that the male was trying to subtly encourage him.

Suddenly, an excruciating pain in his shoulder made Naruto grit his teeth and close his eyes as soon as his hand clamped around his Cursemark.
"What's wrong?" Sasuke jumped to his side and placed his hand on the blond's wrist afraid of causing him more pain. To his surprise, Naruto said nothing but leaned into his touch. The raven tried to pry the other's hand off of his Cursemark to check it but he wouldn't budge.
"Damn Orochimaru.." The Jinchuriki hissed, his voice low and threatening.
"Naruto? What's happening?" Tsunade finally pushed herself off of her chair, her eyes widening with worry. They all seemed to be alarmed by Naruto's sudden condition.

"Orochimaru thought it'd be nice of him to remind me that his mark is still on me. That bastard." He growled. Pulling himself together, he took a deep breath and wiped the sweat on his forehead as he gave Sasuke a soft look, telling him that he was now okay. But they can never enjoy peace, can they? A light knock was heard and it made Naruto's stomach jump. He wasn't really expecting them to come so soon.
"Come in." Tsunade cleared her throat before speaking.
The door opened to reveal two males that the blond had actually missed.

"Yo! 'Sup everyone!"

"Be polite, you idiot."

"Kou! Nawaki!

Oh God. Not again.
______________________________
Heya! Sorry for the huge delay you guys. But I'm afraid this is what it's gonna be like for the following months. I'll still try to keep my promise and update weekly. Well, anyway. I shouldn't really bother because I know that very few of you actually read the A/Ns, but meh. I'll just go and cry in a corner with pictures of Kookie and Tae byeeeee!
Next time on Naruto Shippuden:
'Two Morons And A Half'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
❤️