Hidden Memories

Naruto's POV

Naruto squirmed with his right knee one the ground, gritting his teeth and clenching his shoulder where his Fire Cursemark was. His crimson-red eyes held a feral look. Haru slowly backed away even though he wanted to help the man he vividly remembered. But those eyes and the intensity of the Cursemark scared him too much.

Sasuke tried to reach out to him but the blond insisted on them staying back.
The rogue's right hand's fingertips took on a redish purple flame as he sealed the inscription. Sweatdrops rolled down the edges of his tanned forehead and then onto his whiskered cheeks.

With a burning sound, Naruto's Cursemark gradually got smaller until it disappeared. He regained his composure as he flicked his fingers, healing his wounds and miraculously, his clothes got neatly patched up, no strings visible. How convenient.

"Are you okay?" Sasuke kneeled down and grabbed his shoulders from behind. Surprisingly, Naruto didn't comment or jerk away.
"Yeah. I'm fine." He stood up, dusting his coat as he pulled his hood, hiding his face once again. Sasuke's eyebrows twitched with concern. He knew he wasn't completely fine.

"N-Naruto? W-Why do I have a feeling a know you from somewhere?" Haru shakily crawled closer after the dark aura around him subdued.
Naruto's eyes softened with a tint of sadness.
"Because you do." He sighed with a trace of remorse.
"W-What do you mean?" The boy's bewildered eyes seemed to be afraid of something.

"So you do know this kid?" Kiba popped next to the commotion.
"We'll have plenty of time to talk in the village where it's safer." He spread out his hand towards the small brunet. Haru's gaze wavered for a few moments but soon grabbed the other's hand and gave him a shy smile as the blond pulled him up on his feet.

"We should get going." Naruto took a step but Haru fell to the ground, clutching desperately on his left leg.
"I-It hurts.." The boy whined. Naruto glanced around before deciding to not reveal his medical power as well. He signaled Haru to climb on his back. The brunet wrapped his arms around Naruto's neck, almost choking him to death.

The blond gently pinched the other's arm as a sign to loosen his grasp. Naruto grabbed the legs that were now dangling along his sides.
"Let's move out." Kakashi and the others followed him through the trees.
Sasuke fiddled with his pale and sweaty fingers.
Just.. Who are you.. Naruto? The raven asked himself as he gazed over Haru's shoulder where the Jinchuriki's face was hidden in the shadow.

~~~Back In The Village~~~

Sasuke's POV

The young Uchiha was walking down the street, in search of Naruto.
Where the heck is he? He hopelessly grunted. He had been looking for him for hours, but he found no trace of the blond. Or Haru. And Sasuke was starting to get pissed off. Very, in fact.

He glanced again at the broken window of the Hokage's Tower, sweatdropping. Lady Tsunade had thrown her chair out on the window when Haru had seen through her justu.. And realized she was actually in her late sixties.
Poor Haru.
Never tell her that she's 'kinda' bald. Everyone should know that. Huh, stupid kid, what does he know, anyway? The raven huffed with indignation. He didn't like the fact that Haru was now an official Leaf villager either, after receiving permission from Tsunade as well as the Elder Council.

Wait..? Are those? He narrowed his coal-black eyes to see a cloaked figure sitting on a rock near a small teen.
That cloak definitely belongs to Naruto.. He recognized the camouflage clothes his blond friend had been wearing ever since. Then that guy's Haru. Sasuke clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Huh. What could they even be talking about? He took a few more steps closer but stopped dead in his tracks when he realized his mistake.
With his wide range chakra sensitivity he's definitely felt my presence, yet he ignores me. I'd rather not look like I'm actually eavesdropping.. But how..-!
An idea popped into his sharp mind.
I might as well just read their lips. He smirked to himself. Tch. Genius.

Sasuke gathered a small chakra amount behind his eyes and closed them before taking a deep breath. Sharingan! He opened them again, looking bloodshot.
He squinted, breathing steadily.
"I missed you, Bro." Haru's eyes were filled with sadness.

"I know. I missed you too, Bunny." Naruto smiled a little at the nickname.
Bunny? Seriously? Sasuke rolled his eyes. Probably because Naruto only ever called him 'Sasuke' or 'bastard' and that was when he was wearing his facade. How sad.

"I'm sorry for letting them take away your memories of me. But it was the only way I'd make sure that they wouldn't kill you." Naruto hid his face in his hood in order to hide his feelings that were probably visible on his face.
What are they talking about?

"Don't worry, I'm not blaming you for anything, Big Bro." Haru reached out and pulled the Jinchuriki's hood off, leaving Sasuke speechless.
He did not just.. He felt even more bewildered when Naruto gave the boy a soft glance.
How come they're so close? What's really going on?

"It's not something you should bother yourself with, Sasuke Uchiha." A deep voice spoke up inside the raven's mind, making him jolt a little as his Sharingan dispersed.
"Who are you?" He looked around but he didn't see anyone who might have talked to him.

"I'm Kurama, also known as the Nine Tailed Fox. It's a pleasure to meet you, little brat."

______________________________
Duh-duh-duh! I just loooove cliffhangers. Sorry, my bad.
*smirks evilly*
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Anyway, until next one!~
~Bella~
💕