Tenchi Bridge

Sasuke's POV

"Is everyone in position?" Sasuke could clearly hear Kakashi's raspy voice ringing through the earphones they had managed to buy after bargaining for two straight hours with an old shopkeeper. They had gotten them for free, eventually. Poor man.

"Yeah." Sasuke muttered followed by Kou, Sakura and Nawaki. Naruto shook his head slightly while under a different Henge, he waited patiently next to the railing of Tenchi Bridge. He had infused chakra into his hearing so he would be able to hear his comrades talking to each other or in a dire situation, to him. He had also hidden a microphone inside an undetectable little pocket in his collar and so, Sasuke and the others could listen to what would happen on his side.

"Good. The Oharo ninja should arrive any minute now so stay on your guard." The Copy Nin squinted, his gaze scanning the perimeter under the cover of the trees. The five shinobi were laying camouflaged in the thick forest surrounding the bridge. As an expert spy, Nawaki had been able to hide their chakra signatures and replace them with the one of a bug, so they would go undetected, no matter how high the sensory skill of the shinobi is.

Naruto clicked his tongue in annoyance. Sasuke could tell that he was growing impatient.
Suddenly, the blond straightened his posture and leaned against the railing with his eyes closed. A few seconds later, a black shadow appeared right in front of him, revealing a ninja. After all, Naruto had learned the Transportation Justu from his father but this high-rank Body Flicker Justu was only known amongst the ANBU Black Ops and the Oharo. And that is of the perks of being part of the Oharo Clan.

Sasuke's shoulders tensed. He threw a look over his right to see Kakashi and Kou nod their heads. Over his left, Sakura and Nawaki did the same. They were ready to take down the Oharo Clan, once and for all.

"Truth be told, I wasn't expecting you to arrive earlier than me. I know for a fact that you, Mukami, like to keep people waiting." The ninja kept his voice low.
"Then I suppose that you are not familiar with the reason why, that is." Naruto automatically got into character as he smirked ever-so mischievously, shutting up the guy before him and sending fear deep into his bone marrow.

A visible shiver ran down the Oharo's spine. He gritted his teeth, regaining his composure.
"Now, let's get down to business, shall we?" Naruto swayed away his cloak and pulled out a sealed scroll. He lent out his hand in front of the other shinobi who tried to grasp it but the blond pulled his hand back right away. "Nah-Nah-Nah, not so fast." He smirked.

Is that actually Naruto? Is he.. That much of an actor? Sasuke raised an eyebrow. He was indeed very surprised. He did use to fake his own personality, after all.. For four years..
A wave of sadness passed his face. But no one even noticed it. An Uchiha is not supposed to show emotion, as long as it's not hatred that's clouding their hearts, hence the Mangekyou Sharingan.

"My part of the deal, first." Naruto crossed his arms on his chest.
Grunting, the red-haired Oharo stuffed his hands into his side pouch and revealed another scroll, except this one had three seals that responded only to Oharo blood. He bit his thumb softly and layered a trail of his crimson blood onto the seals to open the scroll with a burning sound. Satisfied, Naruto smiled. He grabbed the scroll as they exchanged documents.

"Good. Now that this part of the deal is done, you are to meet Lord Ryoko. Follow me." The criminal turned around and raised his hand in the air to signal Naruto who in response, chuckled slightly.
"If you say so." The Oharo glared at him with the corner of his right eye only to see the blond smirk once again. Of course, mindless of the agreement, the Oharo Clan still couldn't stand the Mukami Clan, even with all of the formalities shown to the other.

"Follow them closely but quietly. Whatever you do, do not let Naruto out of your sight. Understood?" Kakashi ordered his comrades although all of them already knew what they had to do. Especially Sasuke, who wouldn't have lost Naruto even if the orders said so.
"Yes." They all answered in unison as they silently jumped into the trees, hidden from the Oharo's sight. Naruto could pinpoint their location using his long-ranged sensory so he was at ease, knowing that the Uchiha and Sakura were currently out of danger's claws. For now.

They had been jumping from branch to branch for a few minutes when suddenly, a strong feeling of uneasiness overcame Sasuke's sturdy body.
What is this? Is it because.. I'm worried? He furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't like the fact that Naruto was basically infiltrating the enemy base while undercover. It was still a danger, nevertheless. I can't be. I know he's strong. Too strong. He clenched his fist but this time he did not do so because of worry. Damn it!

"They appear to have reached the entrance to the hideout of the clan. Be on your toes for any sudden movement or sound." Kou's whisper flew throughout the earphones. Sasuke nodded in his direction before he narrowed his eyes to see Naruto take a few steps backwards as the Oharo made three fast hand signs which gradually weaved away any trees and bushes surrounding the massive boulder that was covering the entrance.

After he threw one last glance at Naruto, the rogue bit his thumb again before he smeared a small hole in the wall with his blood.
I'm not surprised to see that the Oharo are very cautious people. One slip and they would all be ruined. Sasuke's gaze travelled to the blond once more. He must have been like that, once. Maybe he still is.
He frowned inwardly. But what do I know? It's not like I actually know anything about the real Naruto, now do I? The raven shook his head slightly to clear his mind. He had to focus on the mission.
Many lives depended on that, including Naruto's and all of the people's of the Five Great Nations.

______________________________
Heya! I have an important announcement to make so listen up! I just realized two things: first, Tsunade's little brother was named Nawaki and second, Hinata's bodyguard's name is Kou. I legit had no idea. Like, it's purely coincidental. These OCs of mine are NOT related whatsoever to the original characters of Naruto Shippuden. Just to clear up any confusions. Sorry about that, I only later realized. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'Here Once More'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕