Chapter 3: Gold

I hate P.E.. That's all I have to say. I'm forced into my Gym clothes that'll get gross and sweaty and I have to clean them after. Then I'm forced to climb a ladder or a rope attached to the ceiling or sit on a mat that has more sweat on it than it does fabric. At least Funneh is in my class. We can be miserable together.
I look up at Funneh, she's about one persons height above the ground clinging to the rope.
"Hey Gold!" She yells down to me. "How's the weather up there?" I laugh.
Funneh grins and then looks around. "Um, could you maybe help me down? I think I'm stuck." I stack more sweaty mats under Funneh so if she falls it might not hurt. As badly as it could anyway. I'm just about to tell her to start climbing down when Alec walks up to us.
"Hey guys, what's up?" He asks. I point to Funneh and laugh.
"She's up." I reply. Alec laughs. We're about to help Funneh down when a message from the office comes over the speakers. At first all we hear is white noise. And it came out so suddenly that Funneh freaked out and then lost her grip on the rope. She came crashing down right on top of Alec. They roll apart and clutch their stomachs trying to catch their breath. They're clearly winded. Kyran, the Gym teacher and I run over to see if they're alright. They're groaning and struggling for breath but don't appear to have any injuries. The white noise clears out and the message is repeated: "May Gold, Kyran, Funneh, Yandere, Evan, Alec, Ally and Evelyn please report to the principals office. Thank you." The gym teacher stood and clapped his hands together.
"Well, I don't know what you kids might've done, but Funneh and Alec are in no shape to walk half way across the school. You'll have to take them to sickbay and continue to the office without them."
Without a word. Kyran, Evelyn and I got Funneh and Alec to their feet and lead them to sickbay. Then continued on to the office. Along the way, we bumped into Ally, Evan and Yandere, who had no doubt heard the report and were walking to the office. We walked and talked together, getting ready for whatever the office was going to throw at us.