Chapter 13: Alec

Sleeping in the same room as Evan and Kyran was horrible enough.
The last thing I needed was the knowledge that Yandere and Celeste are closer to Evelyn and Ally's room than I am.
Then Evan started practicing his stupid guitar, and Kyran started eating damn the Pringles he had brought back from the luau.
I was so happy when Kyran finished snacking and Evan's fingers started to go numb.
We had brushed our teeth and gotten into our pyjamas, which consisted of tank tops and soft pants, when we finally got into bed.
Kyran crashed immediately but I found it harder to sleep. I turned around in an attempt to get more comfortable and saw Evan in one of the beds across from me.
He was lying on his back looking up at the ceiling silently, he had one arm behind his head and was fiddling with his necklace with the other hand.
The necklace was a chain attached to what looked to be a shark tooth.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
Without even turning his head to face me he answered;
"Just thinking."
"About what?"
"Stuff."
I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of him but still wondered what he was thinking of.
Before I could say anything else Evan turned off his table lamp.
The room went dark.
"Good night." He called.
"Night." I replied.
___________________________

I'm running. Down a dark hallway I run, deeper and deeper. I don't know why, but I feel like I need to get the end of the passageway faster. And then I see it. I skid to a halt and look towards the ground in horror. I see my friends, Evelyn, Evan, Kyran, Gold and Funneh. They're lying on the ground, various wounds and slices cut into their bodies, covered in blood. I drop to my knees and grab Funneh. She's dead. They're all dead. I sob and hold her close to my chest. After a while I put her down and continue to walk slowly down the passage.
I hear a scream further down the hall.
Ally's scream.
I take off running as fast as I can.
I see Yandere hold my sister in a vice like grip, a knife held to Ally's neck. Yandere' smiling at me.
Then she cuts.
I scream as I watch Yandere push my sister into a pool of her own blood.
Then Yandere vanishes into darkness.
I cradle my sister in my arms and hold he close to my chest. I put my hand on her neck, trying to stop the bleeding, trying to keep her alive.
But it's too late.
She's dead.
I scream in despair and hatred. Hatred that Yandere could do something like this.
I put Ally down and stand, looking for Yandere.
She appears right in front of me and plunges the knife into my own chest.
___________________________

I sit bolt upright, hands on my chest trying to breathe.
I'm ok.
I wipe a few beads of sweat from my forehead.
The sun was just coming up so everything was bathed in a soft grey light.
I look out on the balcony and to my surprise see Evan.
He's sitting with his back to me, facing the sea.
He's playing his guitar quietly.
I open the sliding glass door and step onto the balcony.
He jumps when I sit next to him but calms down when he sees it's me.
"What are you doing up?" I ask.
"Couldn't sleep. Nightmare." He replies.
"Yeah? Me too. What was it about?"
He looks ahead, towards the waves crashing on the shore, the sea breeze blowing his hair around.
"I'm a sheep." He says at last "I'm in a line, heading towards wolf. Every time a sheep gets to the wolf, the wolf kills it. And no matter how many sheep die, we just keep going towards the wolf. I know we're in danger, and if I leave the rest will follow but, I can't move. I'm straining and struggling but I just can't move. I keep getting closer and closer and still I can't move. Finally, I get to the wolf. It's scary man. It's eyes are black and soulless and it's standing like a person. Maybe a little bent over and foaming at the mouth, but still. Then it says to me "to each his own. Those who don't leave die." And then. It kills me."
I look at him. His dream might not've even been as bad as mine but I still know how scary that could've been.
"Any idea what it could mean?"
"I think it's trying to tell me that I need to be different. Travel a different path, or I'll die unhappy. I've had that dream ever since I was little. Back then the closest think I could do to be "different" was to be something that few people can be. Become famous, show something to the world like the path for the sheep. That's why I took up music."
He strummed his guitar and stood.
"Come on," he said, his annoying grin returning to his face "breakfast is up soon."