Chapter 10: Felecia

"Oh my Gawd Brittany!" I yelled "hurry up!"
Brittany ran towards me, dragging her light pink suitcase and matching carry on bag.
Her blonde hair looked flawless as usual.
Her outfit was so cute: she was wearing light blue denim shorts and sandals with a billowing, lightweight white, T-shirt.
The sleeves reached her elbows.

"Like, so sorry I'm late!" She said as we were getting on the plane "I stopped for a crepe

"Like, so sorry I'm late!" She said as we were getting on the plane "I stopped for a crepe."
She held up a half eaten strawberry crepe.
"I got you one too!" She exclaimed happily. She dug around in her bag and brought up a perfectly preserved crepe.
I was amazed she got through security with those things but I didn't complain.
I happily ate the treat while the flight attendant explained the safety procedures.

We sat on boredom on the plane and blew gum bubbles.
Pink bubbles.
Obviously.
The flight was supposedly over 30 hours long.
That's so long! I thought to myself. Ugh. Kill me.
Brittany and I passed the time by constantly ordering pink non-alcoholic mocktails.
Then going to the toilet.
About 10 hours into the flight Brittany fell asleep, leaning on her table.
I looked across the aisles to Gold, Funneh and cute red head.
Funneh was sleeping on Alec's shoulder, Alec rested his head on Funneh's.
Gold was curled against Funneh's side.
I smiled.
During the simulation, I sort of helped Funneh and Alec get together. At least I think I helped.
I looked to the seats behind them.
Evan and Kyran were leaning on each other, snoring loudly while Evelyn looked uncomfortable.

I waved her over to us. She left her seat and made our way over.
"Yes?" She asked.
"You okay over there?" I laughed.
Evelyn sighed.
"They take up so much space! And they snore!" She complained.
I thought for a moment.
"Flight centres don't check or care where you're sitting after a while, as long as you don't bug anyone."
I moved aside, leaving enough space for a person to sit comfortably.
"You can sit with us," I offered "if you want."
Evelyn looked unsure, as if she was couldn't tell if I was being honest or not.
After looking back at her seat, and seeing the cramped mess that is Evan and Kyran, she took my offer and sat down.
"They would be so confused to see me hanging with you guys." She laughed.
"I know right!?" I laughed "whatever. You know, I used to think you and those ironing boards were lame but," I paused, unsure how to say it. "You're actually kinda cool."
Evelyn looked at me like I just dropped from the moon before smiling and returning the compliment.
And with that we continued talking until we too fell asleep.