Chapter 11: Brittany

When I woke up and saw Felicia and Evelyn chillin' together I was totally confused.
But when Felicia said she was cool I was friendly.
We were on the plane for what seemed like forever.
I kept looking out the window with Felicia as Evelyn left to go back to her seat as all her luggage was there.
We continued ordering non-alcoholic pink drinks and other foods.
We were soooooooooo bored.
When we started going down I looked out my window; a glittering ocean blanketed the ground and tiny green splotches could be seeen on the horizon.
"The Islands!" Felicia exclaimed.
I was in awe as we got closer; the islands had little dirt roads, winding beneath the green canopy of palm trees. There were white sand beaches that had the water lapping at the shore.

We were so excited when we finally departed the plane. A beautiful woman with raven black hair and skin the colour of coffee greeted us as we stepped off the plane. She handed everyone a flower necklace and smiled and took photos.
She had a tan piece of fabric wrapped around her chest and secured tightly, showing off her lovely arms. A knee length grass skirt also had a piece of fabric wrapped around it. She had a flower in her hair and had leaves in a bracelet on both wrists and ankles. She was barefoot but didn't seem to mind.

Evelyn hugged her and she returned the gesture happily

Something about how welcoming she was made her even more beautiful in my eyes.
We left the lady with red flower necklaces hanging from our necks and turned into the resort.
The hotel was huge, with shining pillars reaching for the sky.
The floor outside was made of smooth pebbles cemented together and the floor of the reception was a sleek marble.
The building had many pools behind it. Each pool was connected with shallow man-made rivers. Some pools had bridges leading over them as in the middle of the ring of pools a small island stood. The island itself had bushes and palm trees surrounding a bench and large playground. A floating bar sat in the middle of the largest pool, surrounded by stools.
"Wow," Evelyn said breathlessly "this place is amazing!"
Everyone nodded their heads and looked around in awe.
Funneh broke the silence.
"ROOM PICK!" She yelled before running off, Gold in tow.
Everyone raced after them to the huge top floor room Evelyns dad had booked.
Alec read a pamphlet that told of the room.
"Five rooms, all with bathrooms attached, one kitchen, three balconies, two living rooms, indoor hot tub!? And mini pool."
He put down the pamphlet and looked around in shock.
"Holy-" Funneh began.
"-Cow" Gold finished.
Everyone was sitting in one of the two living rooms listening to the setup of the hotel room.
Evelyn was looking at a different pamphlet that told of the island activities.
Suddenly she sat up and squealed.
"Look!" She yelled, repeatedly stabbing a photo on the pamphlet "HORSE RIDING!!!"
I remember the Christmas party that Evelyn organised. I also remember the two $3000 thoroughbred mares in her $20,000 stable.
She continued to excitedly go through all the activities the Islands had to offer.
"Surf lessons!" She cried "and stand up paddle boarding! And sailing! And a zip line running across one of the islands! And paragliding! And-" she gasped "Hula lessons!!!"
She pointed to a picture on the pamphlet and passed it around. The picture was of a man and woman on a stage. The man was wearing a grass skirt with a red piece of fabric tied around it. He was sitting on the floor banging a small bongo drum while the woman danced to music unheard. She had a knee length grass skirt and a red piece of fabric tied around her chest. A frangipani flower crown adored her head and leaf bracelets were on both hands and ankles.
"Can we please Please Please PLEASE do that?!" Evelyn begged, looking around at unconvinced faces "the pamphlet said that it's kind of unpopular and if they don't get new dancers they'll be forced to stop the show!"
Yandere looked down at the picture. "So?"
"So," Evelyn said "The hula dance is the crown jewel of the performing arts here! If they close down the Hula dancing, the resort won't get as much attention!"
Everyone still looked unconvinced. Evelyn sighed. "Not to mention that we could loose some awesome entertainment."
Everyone perked up.
"Gold," Evelyn said "You'll loose an awesome Minestagram post."
Gold gasped.
"You're right!"
"Funneh, dancers have an extra hour to order breakfast. You could still eat pancakes at 11am instead of 10!"
Funneh gasped with amazement.
Evelyn was on a roll now.
"Evan, you could practice your music on the bongos!"
Evan grinned and leaned back in his chair. "I'm in."
"Yandere, Celeste, you could-"
Celeste cut her off.
"It's cool; we're in!"
Evelyn continued telling everyone reasons they would join.
"And not to mention," Evelyn said "Brittany and Felicia would look awesome in those outfits."
Felicia stood so fast I thought she was going to hit the ceiling.
"Oh gurl, we are in!"
And with that we dropped our suitcases and raced down to the beach to sign up.