11- sweet dreams, tyler joseph. you're going to wake up a new kind of monster.

"What's going to happen, father?" Mr.Joseph asked their local priest, his eyes meeting his sons' through the stained glass door. Tyler's eyes sparked with rage and sadness all at the same time. It's one thing to be worried about your son's metal state but it's another to keep him locked in a room full of crosses and holy water because he might be 'tainted' by evil. The priest sighed, noticing the worry in their eyes and began to explain: "He's in a bad mood at the moment, no doubt. We will check on him every hour until you return for him, he is in great hands Mr and Mrs.Joseph." He confirmed, shaking hands with the parents and watching them walk out of the church. "We will do it all tomorrow, then. Goodnight father." Tyler huffed in annoyance at the door closing behind them. Watching the priest walk up to the door and looking Tyler in the eyes. "Demon child." The old man spat at him, making Tyler scoff and spit in his face. He needed to get to the treehouse, he needed to. He walked away after shutting the blinds and completely isolated Tyler with nothing but the wooden art work of the church and bibles. This is not where he wants to be.  

"Let me out, mom! Dad? GODDAMN IT!" Tyler screamed on the top of his lungs, throwing a cross against the wall and kicking the door. He sat on a bench and tried calming himself so he could think. When bad things happen he'd always go to Mikey, when good things happen he'd always go to Mikey, but Mikey wasn't here right now. Tyler crossed his arms in such a way so he could start clawing at his own skin, he has a way of hurting himself when his nerves became too intense. He had an idea, but no doubt he'd get in trouble for it later. He thought about breaking the window or lock on the door and get out, but he's not exactly a delinquent. Deep down inside his dark since of humor, vampire friends, and homosexuality you could see the innocent, happy person he was. He just didn't let that make him look weak. So, the lock on the door. Mikey has shown him how to pick a lock- not for anything serious, it was just for fun. It was easy enough and all he need what a bobbypin or a hanger. He had one of those things, a bobbypin he stole from his mothers makeup box.

Tyler wasn't dumb, he wasn't mr.gullible like everyone likes to think he is- he knows there are people watching his door like he was in a asylum. He wouldn't be surprised if he had firearms pointed his way, this church, these people, his family were all scared of him because they never knew him. They see a boy who can sing but they hear him speak about something darker, they couldn't even begin to imagine why their son/sibling was acting the way he was. Depression wasn't exactly a huge mental illness in the 1800s' anyways. He was going to wait until nighttime hit, when everyone leaves and goes to their right-minded families and friends, Tyler was going to break out and go straight to the treehouse like he was instructed to do.

After tonight nothing with bother Tyler again, he'd be like Mikey. He'd be alive but dead, if that made since. He day dreamed about spending his life with Mikey and boy did that brighten his mood, just the way Mikey makes him feel was enough to make Tyler go to the edge of the world. One word could make Tyler weak to his knees, Tyler didn't think he could ever love someone as much as he loves Mikey.  So he waited until nightfall, everyone has left by now and it was about 11pm, Tyler dug the bobbypin out of his pocket and straightened it. After the three clicks went off he jiggled the doorknob and of course- the door cracked open. "Thank you, Mikey." He gratefully whispered to himself as he opened the door just enough to slide his frame past and into the church corridor. He saw the door, and boy he's never felt so happy to be outside in his life.

He ran to his house which was a few blocks away, all the houses were dark inside except for his. He made sure not to get caught stealing back his bike and making his way to the forest. Before he rode off he caught a few words but it was nothing to remember. They were talking about Tyler, they are always talking about him so why so he start listening now? He hopped on the bike and made his way down the street that to the new park they put in. The park was in front of the trail Tyler had to take to get to the treehouse. he ended up getting there in one piece, hiding his bike in the bushes so no one would expect he was there and he was so tired. It was 2am and he's never felt so weak in his life, he was hungry but that didn't matter quite as much as his sleep. Mikey slept here all the time, and yes demons sleep- just not a lot. Tyler saw were Mikey's pallet was in the wooden floors and quickly laid down, covering himself in nothing but his jacket. It wasn't autumn or winter so it was quite warm outside.

He didn't know what exactly to expect when he wakes up, but he hopes Mikey is there. Even after all his thoughts telling him he was prepared for this he also had the nagging voice in the back of his head telling him to walk away. You know, be the child his parents want him to be. But soon enough Tyler didn't care as much as his eyelids shut and he was asleep, this was the last time Tyler slept as a human.