It All Started With A Lethal Stab From A Demon Child

Darkness slowly crept into my vision, my efforts to blink them away faltering. Exhaustion held me by my limbs, making each movement, each effort ...Taxing. I felt my drowsiness sharply kick my head, as if I wasn't in a dire situation. My feet stumbled to keep out of reach, to stay away from my attacker. I had to avenge them, I HAD TO MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT AGAIN.
I just...
I just had to have them all back... 

   My gaze caught sight of movement, and my body shifted to haggardly dodge from the threatening blade. The same tool that caused my pain. That same weapon which killed all of them. Fatigue was getting the best of my judgement, and my limbs screamed for me to stop. For it to all just end. I would have happily obliged before I got into this mess, but right now? I was too determined to stop. To let it end without my full effort.
I just missed them...
I just had to continue. 

   The time had come. The time to use it. My..."Special" Attack. I had prepared to use this since the very beginning... My joints ached from having to move constantly, avoiding literal death which constantly flooded with each infliction. I'm actually amazed that I was able to trap them in a cage of bones, no extra effort needed. They seemed to be as surprised as I was, making them...hold on, wait.

   The child had taken a deep...slow....shaky breath...then calmly sat down onto the glistening golden floor. Their cold, empty gaze locked with mine. It was as if they were waiting...as if they KNEW something...The thought gave me chills. I sighed, brushing off the feeling, as if it was just another thought inside my mind. 

   I felt myself slowly ease into a small slumber, my eyes (sockets?????) flickering to stay awake. However, I had not recieved the sensation of sleep since they went genocidal...since they drove their blade into everyone's hopes and dreams. They completely shut. It was quiet. Calming. For the first time in a while, I felt relaxed. I felt relieved.

My eyes shot open, as I had dodged a swift attack. They had managed to escape the bone-made cage that I had captured them inside perviously. Damn. I shouldn't have let my guard down. My smile grew a little wider.

"Heh...Did you really think you cou-"

   All I saw was RED.

   The burning in my chest grew painfully. I choked on liquid which streamed from my mouth. My hand smeared over the burning, trying to stop the pain, only making it worse. My gaze traveled to my hand.

   At that moment, time stood still. My mind stared blankly at this liquid coated on my hand.
It was warm.
It was frightening.
It was RED. 

   As if someone had a recording of my life, images flooded into my view. Images of my family, my friends. Images of cheer and happiness. Images of sorrow and pain. Images of this very battle, and this very moment. Now, there was a rumor that whenever someone dies, they see flashes of their past life, their memories. I witnessed this first hand. All of my memories...all of my hopes...all of my dreams...they started to fade, like dust blowing in the wind. I stretched my arm as far as I could towards them. I didn't want to forget. I didn't want to die. I didn't want...

   The human stood before me, a disturbing grin stretched across their face. I met their unchanging gaze. We didn't speak. We didn't move. We didn't communicate. However, from their eyes, I could see only one thing: DETERMINATION...Determination...determination. They then strolled passed me, and left the corridor. 

   The once beautiful, golden floor was stained with crimson red, and reeking of DUST. I was able to drag my body out of sight. My shaking hand slowly reached inside my jacket, and carefully pulled out his scarf. The only thing I had left of him. The only thing I had left of... My fingers softly massaged the material, a small, quivering smile on my face.

   "I'm...I'm sorry... Papyrus...I tried- I REALLY tried...I'm...I'm sorry..."

   Steaming tears ran down my face.

   This was it.
My body was already in the process of turning into dust. To erasing evidence that I was there. The determination inside of me started to fade, and fast.

An idea suddenly popped into existence. A risky, but optional idea. I leaned forward slightly to look at his scarf. His pure, red scarf. I had to save him...I had to save all of them...My mind fed up, I held up my hand. Maybe...Just maybe... My fingers pressed together. I will get us our happy ending, Papyrus...Whether if I am POUNDED into DUST or not. My fingers snapped. 

Just like that, I vanished from all of existence.