A Very Civilized Topic Indeed

~~💀~~

Reaper awoke on the ground, the earth under him an ashy dead patch. His eye-sockets were still droopy as he sat up from his spot. The sun shone from above, the light leaking through the branches that were above him. 

Reaper must have fallen out of the tree when he slept, receiving some bruised spots on his body. He sighed softly, letting himself drift into the air and float to the door.
"Hey, what's happening-"

He stopped as he laid eyes on the couch. 

Geno was beside it, curled up on his side. 

Did he fall off too? 

Curious, the god flew closer to Geno. 

He stopped. 

There was a small puddle of blood dripping from Geno's head. 

In a flash, Reaper was at Geno's side, kneeling next to him.

"GENO?!" He called. 

The skeleton was covering his face, his bony hands covered in blood. "Yeah?" 

"What happened?!" 

The god glanced around, looking for what could have done this. Finally, his eyes rested on the glass coffee table, one of the edges covered in blood. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." Geno sighed, sitting up and leaning against the couch. Both of his hands were covering his face. 

"Geno, you're bleeding." Reaper whispered, getting closer to him. 

"It's just a small cut, nothing more." The other simply stated. 

"Then, what caused all of this blood?" Reaper asked quickly, staring at the puddle.
It was fresh, the liquid slowly expanding on the floor. 

Geno fell silent, not knowing what to say.
With that, Reaper grabbed both of Geno's wrists. With a quick motion, he pulled them away from Geno's face. 

The god swallowed a small gasp.

 The skeleton's face was covered in the familiar crimson substance, a large crack erupting from the top of his left eye-socket.
"Geno..." Reaper mumbled, bringing a hand to his crack. 

Geno managed to look up at Reaper, staring at him. "Leave me alone,  Reaper." He brought up his hand to take the one stroking his face. "I'm not going to die or anything." 

"I know that." Reaper responded, getting to his feet. He hurried off to the kitchen, opening a cabinet filled with medical supplies. He grabbed a large band-aid, leaving the kitchen and returning to Geno's side. Unwrapping the bandage from it's packaging, he carefully stuck it over the crack. 

"I could have done that myself." Geno hissed, feeling the band-aid on his wound. 

"I highly doubt you know where everything is." Reaper shot back. 

Geno opened his mouth for a comeback, but closed it. "...Well, sh*t." 

"Pfffft. Admitting defeat?" 

Geno reached for a pillow behind him, shoving it in Reaper's face.
"Never!" He growled playfully. 

Reaper was laughing into the pillow, trying to grab Geno.
"Well,  I'm going to claim victory no matter what you do!" Reaper proclaimed, his statement muffled by the pillow. He managed to grip Geno's arm and yank it sideways, the pillow leaving his face. 

Geno laughed and started pushing Reaper away with his other hand. "You piece of horse crap! You have destroyed my defenses!" 

"MWAHAHA! I SHALL NOW FEAST UPON THE SOULS OF THE INNOCENT!" Reaper leaned forward, countering Geno's pushing. With a great amount of effort, Reaper was close to Geno's face.
"So, what are you going to do now?" Reaper had a challenging twinkle in his 'eyes'. 

Geno was smiling widely, a faint tint of blue on his cheekbones. "I'm going to do this!" He swiftly brought his knee upward, jabbing Reaper's rib-cage. 

Reaper backed away, holding his ribs. "WELP, THAT WORKED! Ow." The god laughed, falling onto his back. 

Geno grinned. "I guess I win." 

Reaper sighed in defeat. "Alright, Fine. You get to claim victory." He sat up, grinning evilly. "But next time, I'll win for sure." 

"Yeah right!" Geno chuckled, standing up. Reaper drifted from the ground, floating in the air in a sitting position. 

"Anyways, I have stuff to do and things to reap." Reaper sighed, bits of smoke forming around him. 

"Oh, alright. I guess I'll just make food by myself." Geno smiled, walking towards the kitchen. 

Reaper paused, the smoke dispersing. "You can cook?" 

"Heh, Nope. Terrible at it." Geno sat at the table, looking over at Reaper. "Couldn't make a single thing if I even tried." 

"Then, why did you...?" 

"I wanted to see how you would react." 

Reaper's feet touched the floor, letting him stroll into the kitchen and sit beside Geno. "Wait a minute, you cooked that spaghetti for me yesterday!" Reaper mentioned, a confused look on his face. 

"Well, I guess I can cook that. Nothing else." Geno folded his arms and set them on the table, cradling his head in the formation.
"It's the only thing I really ate."

~~💔~~

"Huh." Reaper stood up from his chair. He walked over to the refrigerator in the kitchen, opening it up.

"Well, Here."
He took out something from the middle shelf and tossed it to Geno. 

The skeleton caught it with his magic, setting it down in front of him. "Ketchup?" 

"Yep. I can't possibly forget something so civilized." Reaper chuckled, closing the fridge door and sitting back down. 

"Hey, that conversation was EXTREMELY civilized." Geno laughed, popping off the lid. 

"You told me that you would drink it." 

"Well, yeah. It is just that amazing." 

"Really? Why don't you drink it right now?" 

Geno stared at Reaper for a few seconds before turning to the bottle and chugging it. Reaper was laughing. When Geno finished, he set the condiment onto the table and looked at Reaper. "What?" 

"I ACTUALLY DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD DRINK IT!" The god was wheezing now, falling off of his chair and erupting with laughter on the floor. 

"W-WELL, I JUST DID, SO HA! KETCHUP IS THE BEST!" Geno shouted, holding up the bottle as if it were the most powerful thing in the universe. 

"What is going on in here?" A smooth female voice asked, making the two turn to the doorway. Life was standing there, staring at the two. 

Reaper grinned. "Well, Geno was showing me how civilized he is." 

"Yep. Reaper couldn't handle my awesomeness and decided to fall off of his chair."
Reaper let out a small laugh. 

Life just sighed. "Well, I guess that is...somewhat believable." She walked past the kitchen, heading outside. 

"Heh...Anyways, I actually need to go." Reaper blurted, sitting up. 

"Oh, alright." Geno responded, taking another swig of ketchup. 

"I'll be back later." 

"Okay." 

With that, Reaper disappeared, puffs of smoke lingering where he once sat. 

Geno let out a small breathe.

His soul was beating a strange tune, a feeling bursting from his chest. 

Geno was happy.