When Death Brings You Gifts

~~💀~~

Reaper looked out into the distance, perching on a cliff side. 

Many would travel to a place of stars and wonders, blanketed of darkness and silence. 

Many imagined Death would do the same. 

That HE would do the same. 

Reaper gritted his teeth bitterly.

Oh, how the murderous rumors of his existence spread. 

They saw him more as a tragedy...
as a MONSTER...
than a true and mighty god. 

They saw him as shallow and cruel, merciless. 

They saw him as the bringer of shadows and sorrow, the bringer of pain and tears. 

Reaper was more than that. 

He had a soul.  

He had emotions. 

He had a Heart...

or...what's left of a shriveled and weak heart, strangled by his grief. 

Though, he still manages that same smile.
The same smile no one has ever questioned. 

Reaper sighed, watching the sunrise. 

He didn't think he was necessarily a 'Bad Guy'. 

He didn't think he was a monster... 

O r  I s  H e ? 

Reaper shook the idea, drooping into what seemed to be brief depression. 

However, it was completely cured when he came up with an idea. Quickly, he searched for the nearest town, his smile nearly reaching to his non-existent ears.

~~💔~~

Geno was doing nothing in particular, lost in his thoughts. He was attempting to create a new plan from scratch, since the old one didn't work. What else could he do to save Papyrus? He HAD to erase everything before something goes wrong again. 

BOOF. 

Geno swerved his body towards the direction of the noise. Something large had landed on it's side, it's red color identically matching Geno's scarf. Intrigued, he approached it. The closer he got, the more details he was able to pick up. Once he was right before it, Geno could properly examine it. The object was rather large. It seemed to be able to fit about three people in it. It was also long and appeared to be very soft. Pillows adorned the object, looking perfectly fluffed and well-crafted. 

Geno blinked. 

The thing in front of him was a...

Couch? 

Before Geno could do anything else, a set of arms whisked him off his feet and twirled his body around in a circle. He already knew who it was. 

"RrrRREapper!" 

Reaper stopped spinning around with Geno and smiled. "Yeeeeessss~?" 

"Oh god, I'm so dizzy..." Geno felt unbearably queasy, his vision focusing and unfocusing. 

The god laughed. "Well??? Do you like it???"
Geno shook his head to clear his mind.
"Wait, you don't? I'll take it ba-" 

"No, I like it. I just needed to clear my head." 

Reaper snorted. "Alright then. Why don't you try it out?" 

Geno pushed himself away from Reaper's arms and flopped onto the couch.
"I told you to try it out." 

"I know. I am." 

"When  I meant 'try it out', I meant for you to sit on it, not flop on it as if you were a dying fish." 

Geno snickered. "Is that how you see me? A dead fish?" 

"Nah. You're much hotter." 

Geno roared with laughter. "WELL, OKAY THEN. I'M A VERY HOT DEAD FISH. LOOK AT ME, I'M GOING TO BE FISH STICKS JUST LIKE MY PARENTS." 

Laughter echoed throughout the save screen as the two enjoyed the new comfort of the couch. 

~~~

"Hey Reaper?"

"Yeah, Geno?"

"Why did you get me a couch?"

Reaper was slumped on one side of the couch, Geno at the other.  They were both staring at the darkness. 

"'Cause. I thought you would like some furniture. It must suck to just sit and lay on the cold floor."

"It's great for your back though."

"Pfft. Maybe I should try that sometimes...well, when I find a place where the floor doesn't decay from under me and causes me to fall on my spine."

"Wow. Life must be sooooo hard for you."

"I know right."

Geno rolled the lights in his eyes. "Sooooo hard. You're problems are soooo much worse than mine."

"Actually, they kind of are."

Geno glanced over at Reaper. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"How so?"

Reaper grew silent. "...they just...are."

"Meh. It's fine if you don't want to talk about it." 

"...Thank you."