A Black-Winged Stork Flutters Delicately Through The Window

~~💔~~

Shift.

Shift.

Yawn.

"Heh...awake?" Geno mumbled, his tired eye-sockets too exhausted to open. 

After the time they had ventured upstairs, Reaper and Geno had been spending more quality time together. Three weeks had passed and they enjoyed every second of it, finding something new to do or simply lazing around Life's sanctuary. Ever since then, Reaper had moved in with Geno on the couch and slept with him every night. They would tell each other ridiculous jokes or puns until they fell asleep, cuddling in each other's embrace. 

Currently, Geno was laying on top of Reaper, feeling shifting from underneath him. 

"Reaper?" Geno grumbled, reaching towards his lover. His hands were met with cold bones, causing his fingers to retract for a brief second.
"Reaper, why the hell are you so cold?" He hissed. 

"mmmgh?" The god lazily responded, tired as well. 

Finally, Geno sluggishly opened his eye-sockets, fixing an annoyed stare at the skeleton beneath him.
What he wasn't expecting was the small bundle of bones right underneath him, squirming from the lack of warmth. 

Geno blinked. "...holy sh*t." he managed to whisper, his eyes wide. 

Reaper felt the movements on his chest and groggily peered up at Geno. "Hm?" 

The smaller quickly clutched onto Reaper's shoulders and shook him, awakening the god. "HOLY SH*T!" 

Reaper, obviously surprised, gripped Geno's hands that were on his shoulders and stopped the other. "What are you 'holy sh*tting' about??" Reaper growled, a little grouchy from the rude awakening. 

"WHAT AM I HOLY SH*TTING ABOUT?! WHY AREN'T YOU HOLY SH*TTING BY NOW???" Geno yelled, panicking. 

"MY GOD, GENO, CALM DOWN!" Reaper retorted, matching Geno's tone. 

Before the scarfed skeleton could retort, a small whine drifted through the air. They both glanced over at the source, a small baby skeleton curled up and crying. 

"...oh." 

"..." 

"Oh. OH. OH." Reaper cautiously got up from the couch, drifting a safe distance away from the child. 

Geno, on the other hand, stayed put, watching the baby squirm and attempt to grip onto anything. Eventually, the baby managed to crawl towards him, snuggling the cloth of his soft jacket. The scarfed skeleton gave the god a worried glance, looking from the baby, Reaper, then back again. 

Quietly, Geno began to mouth words. 'What the hell do I do?' 

Reaper didn't know exactly how to respond, a little at a loss of words himself. Finally, he managed to whisper to Geno. "I have no clue." 

They both continued to simply stay where they were, watching the baby with concern. 

Finally, Geno made a move to take off his jacket once the baby began to shiver and whimper, wrapping it around the child. "Geez, I may have known how to take care of my bro, but a baby may be a stretch." 

He then paused. 

His brother.

Papyrus. 

When was the last time he even considered checking on him? He could be dying or suffering while Geno was simply enjoying his life- 

"We could always ask Life for assistance?" Reaper slowly suggested, floating ever so slightly towards the couch.