Gardens Of Yellow and Gold

~~💔~~

Geno sat in the peaceful atmosphere, sitting under a tree in Life's sanctuary. The grass swayed quietly as the wind blew past, the skeleton's scarf waving in the breeze. He let out a content sigh.
Never in his life had he felt so relaxed. 

The surface Geno was leaning against moved a little, startling him. 

"This seems like a nice moment." A voice chuckled from above, causing the scarfed skeleton to peer upwards. The cloaked god was cradled in the tree's dull and frail branches. The whole tree was shriveled, dull in color and leafless. Reaper turned on the branch, making him lie on his stomach. "It would be a shame if someone ruined it." 

"Like you did just now?" Geno huffed, sitting up from the tree's rough bark. 

Reaper faked a flinch. "That stung, Geno." 

The smaller stood from his spot and reached into his pockets, feeling around a little. He peered up at Reaper, pulling out his empty hands. "Well, I'm out of air band-aids, so I guess you'll have to suffer while I get more from the oxygen store." 

Reaper rolled his pin-pricks and laughed. "You know, a simple compliment would do~." He cooed, smiling lazily. 

Geno rose a non-existent eyebrow. "Nah, I'm good." He started to walk away, making Reaper float off of the branch and follow him. 

"Come on, one simple compliment won't kill you~." 

"Fine." Geno stopped and turned around to face the annoyance. "You have very nice arms." 

Reaper blinked. "...Seriously?" 

Geno whipped back around, continuing to walk away. "It's all I can do!" He hollered over his shoulder, smiling. 

The god drifted next to Geno, lying on his back in the air with his arms cradling his head. "How about 'You're eyes sparkle as bright as the stars in the sky' or 'You're voice is the sweetest of sounds I've ever heard'?" 

Geno continued to walk, passing by a small garden of various flowers. "One: You don't have eyes. Two: When did you get so...romantic?" 

"Ever since I've laid eyes on you~." 

Geno's face dusted a little. "I just told you, you don't have eyes." 

"Well, since I've laid my non-existent eyes on you." 

"Well, alright then." Geno carried on strolling around the sanctuary, briefly stopping to look at all of the different wildlife which grew and lived here.  Reaper kept following Geno, also stopping as Geno gazed at the different things. 

It was until they stopped in front of a bed of buttercups when they finally spoke. "Those are buttercups." Reaper blurted as Geno stood before them longer than he usually did. The smaller stayed with the flowers, unmoving. 

The god began to worry. "Geno?"

Geno perked up at his name and turned to Reaper. "Yeah?" 

"Oh. You were...spacing out." 

The skeleton blinked. "Oh. Sorry."
He turned away from the patch and continued to walk, Reaper tailing behind him. 

~~~

It was cozy in the kitchen. 

Geno was sitting at the table, drinking a warm mug of cocoa. 

Reaper was beside him, a small latte to his right and a Geno to his left. He was resting his skull in his arms, his eye-sockets shut and a content smile on his face.
"So. What's up with you and buttercups?" Reaper randomly asked, cracking open an eye-socket to look at the other. 

Geno set down his mug onto the table and looked at Reaper. "Nothing really. Why do you ask?" 

"Well, you were staring at them for quite some time." The god lifted the rim of his beverage to his mouth, taking a small sip. "I had to say your name to get you to respond." 

Geno let out a small, awkward laugh. "I rarely saw those flowers in my time underground. They were one of the only other flowers which grew down there." 

"Ah." 

"Though, there was this one weed that I wanted to stomp on to this day." Geno mumbled as he turned forward once again, but Reaper heard it. 

"And this weed is?" 

The scarfed skeleton took a sip. "It's nothing."