Don't You Know How To Greet An Old Pal?

~~💔~~

   After our encounter, I smiled at the kid. Even through all of Papyrus' annoyed grumbles and screeches, I could pick up the sound of small giggling behind the lamp. Since Papyrus stormed off in complete frustration, the atmosphere became stale and quiet. The human looked around for a bit, still pressing against the lamp for dear life. 

   "Hey, you can come out now." I hollered over to Frisk, making sure that Papyrus was fully gone. I mean, my brother wasn't too harmful, but he was also not completely harmless. I couldn't imagine what would happen if the two faced off in combat. Now that would be an interesting sight. 

   They slowly crept from their hiding spot, relief crossing their face. However, I sensed a hint of knowing. Knowing that something the same as this would happen. This rose a little more flags inside my mind, but I decided to push them away...for now. I gave them a reassuring smile, mustering all of my kindness into my expression. "Don't worry, Papyrus isn't harmful, even when we TRIES to be. You should be fine. I'll see you up ahead." 

   They slowly nodded, then strolled over to where Papyrus had left. 

   Before they left, however, an idea came to mind. "Hey, hold up for a minute."
Frisk suddenly tensed, frozen in the spot they were at. 

Bud-Dump. 
Bud-Dump. 
Bud-Dump. 

   I paused, staring at them blankly. Could...Could  I hear their heartbeat? Why was it so...erratic and quick? I shoved that thought with the other thoughts I kept to the "Not Important Right Now/I'll Think About It Later" side of my brain.
"Papyrus would be awfully happy if he saw a human here. Y'know, it might make his day. Can I ask of you to play along? For my brothers sake." 

   Frisk turned around to face me, clearly shifting uncomfortably. They nodded, and quickly paced down the path, leaving me alone. 

   All alone. 

~~💀~~

   Death sat behind a dark tree, staring at nothing in particular. He glared at the darkness, sorting out some facts he had learned over the past several hours. Basically, this place is completely ridiculous. NOTHING WAS TAKEN SERIOUSLY...RIGHT? Death sat there, scanning over his learned factors, then reanalyzing and organizing them into what he assumed was logic. Why did this place seem so similar? Why could he only remember RED? He scowled at his confused results. 

   Death then noticed the sudden stillness, and decided to glance back at the situation. Then, he quickly shrunk back behind the tree, startled to find that the person called "Sans" was sitting on the other side of the same tree. He quieted his breathing, and stared at the glistening white snow. It was delicately drifting from wherever, and piling up on the earth to blanket it in it's cold nature. It was a soothing sight to behold. 

   "God...what is happening to me?" 

   Death snapped out of his trance and leaned a little more towards the other. 

   What? 

~~💔~~

   I tucked my bony knees closer to my chest.
"God...what is happening to me?" I grumbled, pulling the soft hood of my jacket over my skull, shielding it from the falling snow.
"Just...Why are they so...familiar?" I continued to mumble. Why was I even speaking? No one was there to listen. 

   "I am unsure why you are as well." 

   I stopped dead, my breathe stopping. I glanced around the area, seeking a single person. Failing to find a single soul, I stayed on guard. 

   "Who is there...?"

~~💀~~

   WAIT, DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD, SH-
WELP, I JUST MESSED UP. I took a silent breath in, then out. I continued to sit there, waiting for what was going to happen next. My hand slowly drifted down to touch the snow, a sudden chill meeting my bony fingers. I laid it there, liking the crunchy and soft texture it had. 

~~💔~~

   I continued to look around. Was I just imagining that voice?
Maybe.
Maybe...
I gave out a defeated sigh, letting myself lean more against the tree. I slid my hand a little beside the tree, helping me to get into a comfortable position. 

   Until I felt the texture of bone.

~~💀~~

   It was so surprising, that I didn't move my hand in time. I stared as he slid his own bony fingers behind the tree, accidentally grazing my own. I quickly pulled it back to my side, jumping up from the tree and starting to leave the scene. 

~~💔~~

   I shot up from the tree, turning at the sound of shuffling. Then, tie itself seemed to stand still. A figure, clothed in all black, was facing me in silence. I didn't move. I continued to stare at them. What? I've never seen anyone like that...

    I smiled and nodded. His bony hands reached for the hood of his black attire, pulling it over to cover most of his face. He gave me a small wave, and then vanished. The positive atmosphere suddenly vanished, replaced with the once cold and empty void around me. My bright smile fell. There wasn't a reason to continue this facade I had kept while speaking with him. 

"...Hey...?"