Pain Is Cruel, But Pure Hatred Is Searing

~~💔~~

   Crunch. Crunch.

   The soft crunching of powdery snow awakens me. What? I blink my eye sockets open. Are those...footsteps? I shrug, closing my eyes again.  That might just be Papyrus. He DOES patrol a lot. That determined skeleton. 

   However, My slumber is interrupted by realization. Wait. PAPYRUS DOESN'T PATROL THIS FAR, SO THAT HAS TO MEAN- 

   I shot up from the tree I was sleeping against. I then relaxed, taking a breathe. Don't worry. It might just be a small monster child or a lost villager. Nothing too serious. I stepped into the open path, shaking excess snow off of my jacket. My gaze traveled farther ahead, only to stop dead cold on something.
Something blue and purple.
Something determined.

Something...human. 

   I sighed, replaying familiar words in my head.

   "If a human ever comes through this door... could you please, please promise me something? Watch over them, and protect them...will you not?"

   Yeah...I will try, lady.

   I focus on them, and slowly follow them. The soft crunching of my shoes was masked by theirs. The air was silent, small flakes falling from who knows where. I continued onward, fully focusing on them. Maybe a little too focused since I stepped on a large stick, a loud SNAP echoing throughout the trees. 

   Before they could spot me, I teleported behind a tree. Not yet. Wait for the perfect opportunity. Hold on. If I am going to protect them, then I have to seem less...intimidating. A bright idea popped into existence, and a grinned widely. Perfect. I reached into my pocket, and pulled out the perfect thing I will need. Securing it onto my hand, I walked out again, shadowing their movements. 

   They turned around once more, making me quickly barrel into the dense forest surrounding the path. God, that will leave some damage...I arose to my feet, dusting myself off. Alright. Hopefully, they will stop soon. They seemed to have almost reached Papyrus' patrol grounds. I slip out into the path, trailing them once more. 

   Finally, they stop right in front of the wooden gate. Note to self, Tell papyrus to probably make the bars wider. Well, this is it. My opportunity. I trudge forward, readying my plan. 

   " H U M A N." They turn around immediately, a expecting expression plastered onto their face. This rose a small flag, but I ignored it and went with my plan. I held out my hand, putting on my most friendliest and most convincing face. Their hand met mine. 

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

   I then stop dead, staring at the human. My whole figure started to shake, as silence swept through the whole forest. My gaze never left them, my breathe and heartbeat quickening.

All I saw was RED.

The burning in my chest grew painfully. I choked on liquid which streamed from my mouth. My hand smeared over the burning, trying to stop the pain, only making it worse. My gaze traveled to my hand.

At that moment, time stood still. My mind stared blankly at this liquid coated on my hand.
It was warm.
It was frightening.
It was RED.

As if someone had a recording of my life, images flooded into my view. Images of my family, my friends. Images of cheer and happiness. Images of sorrow and pain. Images of this very battle, and this very moment. Now, there was a rumor that whenever someone dies, they see flashes of their past life, their memories. I witnessed this first hand. All of my memories...all of my hopes...all of my dreams...they started to fade, like dust blowing in the wind. I stretched my arm as far as I could towards them. I didn't want to forget. I didn't want to die. I didn't want...

   My hand instinctively yanked from theirs, sudden panic rushing through my being. WHAT THE HELL? I steady myself, trying to focus. FOCUS. 

  'COME ON, GENO, CONCENTRATE!' 

   Time stood still at that moment. 

   Geno. Geno....Geno.....Geno....GENO. 

   My eye sockets widened, a sharp pain emitting from my chest. Without realizing it, I was on my knees, coughing and gasping.
This burning...IT IS COMPLETELY UNBEARABLE. WHAT IS THIS FEELING? WHY DOES IT SEEM SO...FAMILIAR? WHAT? I stared at the human, my smile faltering. What is this feeling? What is this OVERPOWERING feeling? It feels...hot. Too hot. Boiling. What is it called?
The more I stared at them, the more the feeling grew.
Then, it hit me.
This feeling.
This is something I haven't felt in a very, VERY long time. 

   This feeling...was PURE HATRED.