Have I Met You Before?

~~💚~~

Silence.

Pure Silence.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Powdery white shimmered throughout the area, despite it being dark in the underground. Undyne was carefully shoveling her dear friend's dust into the fragile jar. The icy climate didn't compare to the overwhelming guilt she felt. 

Why would she feel this way? 

Somehow, Undyne was convinced that all of this was her fault. If she had gotten there just a little bit faster, she could have...

Hot tears dripped from her eye, plopping into the cold snow. 

She could have saved them. 

She could have killed the human.

She could have rescued Papyrus. 

Her heart was strained with grief, but she wiped away her tears. What was done has been done. She can't change the past. She has to keep her head high and move on. With that thought, Undyne closed the jar and grasped onto the velvety scarf. She will return to the lab to provide this to Sans.
A sudden thought shoved into her mind. 

Sans. 

Papyrus was his BROTHER

Undyne couldn't possibly IMAGINE how he felt. She heaved out a long sigh. Well, she was about to see his reaction anyways. With one small sniff, she began down the trail, heading to Hotland.

~~💀~~

Blood splattered against the snow, leaking from a human child's severed head. Their eyes were lifeless, their corpse unmoving. 

Twitch.
It's index finger twitched. 

Gradually, the body sat up, it's exposed neck cavity feeling the wind. Death stared at the body unsettlingly, completely in shock. It's quiet hand grazed over the soft snow, stopping at it's head. It's bony fingers latched onto the sides of it, placing it onto the neck. Shining red liquid leaked from the wounds, slowly reaching out to each other. After they met, the two melded together, skin overlapping the red. Once the process was done, the child was back in one piece, except for the minor injuries they received. The child stood up, their eyes brightening with life. 

Death watched the whole process, more intrigued then disturbed. 

The child turned to the direction of Death, surprising him. "Hey, look. I got my body back." A familiar voice stated. 

Death blinked. "Frisk?" 

"Yes?" 

"...uh..." 

"What is it?" 

"...How did you...?" 

"I have no idea." 

"Huh."  Death examined Frisk's body, analyzing the wounds and the scar around their neck. "...Anyways, How can you see me?" 

"...Determination????" 

Death gave Frisk a 'seriously?' face.
"I have no idea to be honest..." Frisk mumbled. 

Their eyes shot wide, their mouth releasing a gasp.
"SANS!!!!" They almost screamed, sprinting down the pathway. Death, obviously curious, resolved to following the human. 

There wasn't anything better to do.

~~💔~~

Undyne had set the jar of dust on the counter, joining Alphys. 

"Anything happen while I was gone?" Undyne asked. 

Alphys shook her head. "Nothing but s-stable vitals. I-It seems that he w-will pull through, a-and recover shortly." 

Undyne nodded, peering up at Sans.
He seemed so peaceful. 

Suddenly, there was a few knocks of the door. Alphys glanced up from the monitor, looking over at the door. "Uh...?" 

The doors opened with a small puff of steam, a silhouette standing against the lava in the background. The figure walked forward into the lab, dusty silence quaking in their presence. They stopped once they were in view. Undyne stared at them with shock. Their gazes locked as they were left speechless. 

"...Sans?"