The Air Became Colder As The Grief Comes Barrelling Back

~~💔~~

   "WH-WHAT...WHO ARE YOU?"

   The child was taken aback at this question. They silently stared into my burning hate-filled eyes. The child slowly rose the stick they had in a defensive stance.

   "Frisk."

   That name echoed within my head for a moment. Frisk. Frisk...frisk.

   I felt a warm presence behind me. They softly tapped my back, forcing me out of my thoughts. I turned to the figure, ready to attack.

Frisk stumbled backward, worry written all over their scared face. My gaze softened, and my body relaxed. Oh, it was just Frisk. The void felt a little less lonely again. They were shaking, staring at me in fear. I then realized that I looked as if I was ready to give someone a bad time (which I was). I dismissed my attacks and strolled over to Frisk. 

   "...Uh...hey. Sorry for freaking you out...uh...I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton."

   Sticking to my original plan was all I could do. I couldn't understand at all. What was happening? Everything doesn't make sense.  They smile warmly in response. 

   "It is nice to meet you, Sans."

   I nod my head in courtesy. Well, Whatever might be happening, I know for more or less certain that this kid has something to do with me. With my...clouded memory? I believe that is what it is. They walked through the gate, leading us to Papyrus' patrol area. In the distance, faint stomping could be heard. For sure, that sound belonged to my amazing brother. I should of warned the human about my brother, but for some odd reason, I feel that they already know about him. Odd. 

   Frisk quickly dashed to a nearby lamp, hiding behind it. Surprisingly, it was perfectly shaped. Huh, What a conveniently-shaped lamp. In comes Papyrus, In all of his shining glory. 

   Man, Isn't my brother the coolest?

~~💀~~

   My eye sockets narrowed. Oh. That impostor. Darting behind another thick tree, I glanced at the ridiculous scene portrayed before me. I watched with pure amusement, how they played each other off so smoothly. It reminded me of- 

   Pain immediately struck my entire being at the thought. Papyrus. I found that I was trying to fight ghastly tears. However, my sadness was stopped by a familiar string of words. They were...Puns. 

   " I've gotten a TON of work done today. A skele-TON."

   A very frustrated groan ringed through the air, as they continued on.

   "Wow, sounds like you're really working yourself...down to the BONE."

   More annoyed noises. I couldn't help but lightly chuckle. What is wrong with these two? They strikingly remind me of- I refused to finish that thought as sorrow grasped onto my soul once more. Gods above, why does every moment feel so...

   Lonely?