Death Never Forgives Demons

~~💔~~

Sans sat lazily at his post, resting his tired skull in his arms. Then, he heard the soft sound of stomping, and soon caught sight of his brother.

"Heya Paps." Sans called, giving his brother a small wave. Papyrus looked over at him, then walked over.

"SANS. I WAS MEANING TO ASK YOU THIS BEFORE, BUT...WHY WERE YOU WEARING ALL BLACK BEFORE?"

  Sans paused, then peered up at his looming brother. "Oh, That's just Sans."

Papyrus gave him a confused stare. "SANS? DON'T YOU MEAN YOURSELF?" 

Sans shook his skull, blinking some sleep from his eye sockets. "No, I mean, there is another guy which looks like me...His name is Sans too. Isn't that weird? We both have the same name...Anyway, we met after you talked to the human. He's a pretty nice guy." 

Papyrus shuffled a little, glancing away from his lazy brother for a moment, then looking right back at him. "HUMAN...? THERE WAS A HUMAN HERE? LAZY BONES, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE!" 

Sans met his brother's confused gaze with his own puzzled eyes. "What?" 

"GOSH BROTHER, WHERE DID THEY GO? I MUST CAPTURE THEM! SO I COULD BE A PART OF THE ROYAL GUARD!!!" His brother paced back and forth in front of the smaller skeleton, obviously excited to meet a human. 

"Uh...That way." Sans' bony finger pointed down the snowy path, making Papyrus smile waver. 

"BUT...I JUST CAME FROM THERE! SANS, STOP JOKING AROUND WITH ME!"

Clueless on how to satisfy his brother, Sans decided to point in the opposite direction. "There. Good luck, Bro." 

Papyrus straightened, checked his gear, then proceeded down the direction. Before he completely left, Sans mumbled a small
"And be careful". 

~~💀~~

Death floated by the lush treetops, watching the human trudge down the path below him. It was odd. Death already remembered the human traveling down this path before, but they seem to be doing it again. His curiosity took control of his being once again, as he descended toward them. Death then floated next to them, observing their movements. The human turned their head, looking around the area for a moment, then continuing onward. 

It appeared that they couldn't see him, which was counted as normal. 

However, that one skeleton he met a while ago...He seemed to see him just fine. Very...Interesting... 

"Um...excuse me...?" 

Death peered up at the crimson red ghost. It looked exactly identical to the human it appeared to be following.
"M-May I ask who you are...?" 

He grew quiet for a few moments, before opening his mouth. "May I ask who you are first?" 

The ghost seemed to be surprised at the flipped question, but quietly responded. "I'm Frisk." 

Death stopped trailing the human, reaching into his cloak. Curious, the ghost stayed with him, drifting silently near him. Then, he pulled out a small handbook with a dark leather cover and a latch holding the pages together, which was adorned with a small raven skull. Using his magic,  Death opened the book briskly, flipping through the pages at an inhuman speed. He then grasped the book, skimming through the names. 

"Fred...Freddy...Freya...No Frisk..." He peered over at Frisk. "You're not in my book...so...how are you not in limbo?" 

Frisk tilted their head to the side, strands of hair covering their puzzled face. "Um...Well...I don't think you would understand..." They whispered, their voice echoing through the dark forest. Death began to drift after the human, Frisk once again trailing with him.