2.

Sorry for the delays!!!"

Shelly plopped in the seat next to me, and grabbed my lemonade, "Matt, is just an asshole, we've been over this. You know how I feel about him." She rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Honey," she grabbed my hand, "If you're really that unhappy with him, then leave him. He's just slowing you down." She took a big sip, and leaned her head to the side. "Oh, my gosh," she leaned me back, then looked over at Katie. She looked at me, and  mouthed with wide eyes, "Wow, she's gorgeous!"

I smiled, "Katie, this is Shelly." I turned to Katie and pointed at Shelly, "She's my best friend, who also hates Matt."

Katie smoothly put her hand in Shelly's, and shook it firmly, "Nice to meet you," she looked directly into Shelly's eyes, then looked back into mine, "I was wondering, if maybe you would like to go to a house warming party? I just moved here, and well, I wanted to throw a party, and I've been looking for people to invite." She s looked into my eyes almost sending a shiver through me, but I shook it off, knowing this isn't the feeling I should have.

I turned and looked at Shelly, "Well we'd love to go, we can bring the boys too." I met Katie's eyes again, and nodded, "We'll be there. Where do you live?"

She smiled cockily, excitement in her eyes, she stood up, "Well I live right up there," She pointed to the big house towering the cliff, over the beach. The house I had been longing to go to for ever, since I was a little girl, the house I dreamt I'd live in, and have a family in one day. I smiled excitedly, and Katie saw. "I'll see you tonight at nine." She held my gaze for a few moments, some sort of secret forming there, then she looked at Shelly, patter her shoulder, then said. "See you later."

I watched her walk away, her sun dress flowing as she walked with her big sun hat, and her hair swaying. I couldn't take my eyes off of her flawlessness. I looked back at Shelly, who was just as awestruck as I was. "What the fuck just happened?" She grabbed my arm tightly, "Did we really just get invited to the house, for a party with that beautiful lady? I wonder if there are going to be celebrities there, Oh, Sam we have to go pick out an outfit."

I wasn't listening to her ramble, I watched Katie until she was out of sight, I wondered if she could feel my eyes on her. I wondered if she enjoyed it. The boys came up to the booth, and started talking about football, and Shelly went on about the party. I still wasn't listening to what they were saying. Did Katie and I just have a connection? Was she aware of what just happened between her and me, was it intentional? I sighed, and got up from my seat, if we were going shopping we needed a new outfit stat.

"I can't believe we get to go inside that house," I talked excitedly as I pulled my dress on, and Shelly was adjusting her make-up in her room. "I've been in love with this house since I was a baby, you know that, but finally I get to go in!" I kept on talking, I was also excited to see Katie, though I wasn't sure why yet.