26.

...Katie's POV...

I sat in my office at work, pinching the bridge of my nose. I sighed, and looked up at the ceiling. Today was opening day, but I wasn't worried about that. I was more worried about what happened, almost a week ago, and how I haven't heard from Sam. I was worried about her, she should be here today though. Because well, this is her job. I decided to text her.

Katie: "Hey, I hope everything is okay, I just wanted to remind you about work today. I hope you make it if not I understand. Just let me know."

I sat my phone down, and sighed again. I closed my eyes, and heard the doors open. I stood up, looking around. I saw an elderly woman walking in. She looked familiar. Sam's mom. Why was she here?

I opened my office door, "How can I help you?" She barged into my office. Closing the door behind her.

"How could you do such a thing to my daughter?" I took a step back, putting my hands up in defence afraid she was going to hit me.

"Do what, exactly?" I wrapped my arms around my waist feeling vulnerable. "Is she okay?"

I saw her jaw clench, as she held her breath, "You slept with her?" Struggling to find words, "You fucking slept with her? She isn't gay!"

I looked down, "She loves me, and I love her." Her face turned red, steam could have been coming out of her ears, she stepped closer to me, almost having me against the wall.

I thought maybe she was going to hit me, though I hoped she wouldn't because my bruises were just healing. I closed my eyes with my back against the wall waiting for the blow. "Mom, what are you doing?"

I snapped my head to the side, seeing Sam standing in the doorway. I sighed in relief, mostly becaus she was okay, and she was here, and she didn't look to bad. Our eye connected, and she partially smiled at me, then glared back at her mother, "Get out of here, this is none of your business." She walked over and stood between her and I, forcing her mom to step back. "We talked about this, already, I love her. This is how it is. I know you don't understand, but if anything this isn't Katie's fault. She didn't do anything, it was me."

Her mom blew a puff of air out, turned on her heel, and stormed out of the building. Sam turned to look at me, "Hey, I'm sor-"

I pushed lips against hers, releasing all my worry, and all of my concern for her into that one kiss. I wrapped put my hand on her waist, and the other behind her head. I pulled away, her eyes still closed, "I was worried about you."

She opened her eyes, and looked down, holding her waist, "I know I'm sorry," she sighed, "I didn't know what to say to you, and my mom was pretty upset at me for not telling her, though granted she hasn't exactly been around.She doens't like you." She shrugged nonchalantly, like it wasn't a big deal.

"So I've gathered."