8.

I'm just feeling creative today, and I have some time on my hands.

The party eventually died out, people left in their fancy gowns, and suits. I felt like I was wobbling back and forward, Shelly was trying to drag me to her car, but I didn't really want to go. I slumped on the couch and closed my eyes. I stayed quiet, as the music stopped, and Shelly sat by me, "Sam, you've had a lot to drink, I have to get you home, your mom is going to kill you."

"I don't care, to be quite honest," I rolled over, and looked at her. Connor was there behind her looking worried, I sighed at how devoted he was to her. Then I thought about Matt, and my stomach twisted, that asshole.

As if he knew I was thinking about him, he walked up by Shelly, and put his hand out, "Come on, Sam, you need to get home." I stood up not accepting his help, I looked him straight in the eyes, momentarily sober enough. I raised my hand, and smacked him across the face. He was taken aback, and held his cheek as he looked at me in shock.

"I hate you, I never want to see you again, you're a horrible person." As soon as I said that I felt horrible, I felt like the meanest person in the world, but he deserved it didn't he? I mean he cheated on me. I didn't apologize though, I turned away from him, and started walking the house. I don't know where I ended up, somewhere up stairs, and eventually outside on a veranda. I sat down on the plush chair, and curled my legs up under my chin. I'm assuming Shelly left me here because I was up there for a few hours, before I heard Katie open the door, and stair at me lovingly.

"My dear, I've been looking for you. Are you okay?" This soft side of her threw me off from the confidence she first showed me, when we met, and in her bedroom. She respects me, and it in her body language. She had changed into sweat pants, and a sweatshirt, she looked good, even in those. She looked flawless, in her high bun, and no makeup. I almost lost my breath when I saw her. "Would you care for some coffee, or a change of clothes? You must be chilly. Giving her a small smile, we both walked back into the house, I didn't say anything, I felt so ugly next to her, she was so perfect. "I'm sorry tonight didn't go like I wanted it too. I do hope you still had a good time?" She matched my stride, but lead the way through the house.

"I did, I enjoyed it very much. Did my friends leave me?" Our eyes met for a second, then I looked down at the floor, the immature feeling crept back into my mind. I was so immature, why did this woman want to spend time with me?

"They did, I told them to go ahead, and I'd find you, you can stay the night if you'd like. I know you're upset, if you want to talk about it you can. You don't have to, if you don't want." She looked almost nervous for a second, she blushed, it was actually charming to see her façade falter. As we walked down the stairs our hands hit, and I half thought about grabbing her fingers, and holding them. I just didn't understand it though. Why did I have this urge to touch her, to feel her presence. I squeezed my hand shut, and clenched my jaw.

She then stopped by a door that looked all to familiar, we stepped into her room again, but this time, the air was lighter, and I didn't feel her trying to touch me, though I wanted her too this time. I wanted to feel her lips, everything. Maybe I was drunk, I shouldn't let these thoughts consume me. She went to her dresser, and opened the top drawer, she pulled out some pajama pants, and  a red sweatshirt. I walked closer to her, almost touching her as she pulled the hoodie out. The back of her neck inches from my mouth, I licked my lips. My hand started to reach for her waist, and she turned around.

My eyes went wide, and I stepped back, I didn't meet her eyes, "I'm sorry, I-" I almost felt like crying, but i couldn't not in front of her, not now. "I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms around my waist, and looked down.

"Sam," she whispered, "don't be sorry," she lifted my hands up and put them around her neck. Her eyes never left mine. Her flawless smile crept on her face, she swayed back and forward with her hands on my hips. When she stopped her face was serious. She looked in my eyes, and I looked in hers, it was quiet. I couldn't believe this woman, wanted me just as bad as i wanted her. This fire between us had been growing all night, i didn't realize it, but I've wanted her since i met her. I wanted to kiss her. Her beautiful lips, her soft skin. I wanted her.