15.

....KATIES POV....

I was surprised when Sam came into my office, she almost acted like she owned the place. Her confidence level was through the roof, and it kind of turned me on. As weird as that sounds seeing her want to take charge for herself and try to find a job made me way more attracted to her. If Shelly hadn't been with her I might have just jumped her then and there. Of course that would be disrespectful, and I wouldn't want to run her off, plus I don't even know if she see's me sexually attractive. I know she cares for me though, or she wouldn't have eagerly held my hand just now.

I ask her if we could go on a date, and she said yes, though I knew she would. I have a very nice simple but romantic plan. I wanted to get to know her better,and this would be perfect. The perfect first date.

Before Sam had shown up I was very frustrated, the building company had messed up the ventilation system so now it was going to take longer for this store to open. I took over my father's business after he passed away, it was a lot of responsibility, and very stressful but it payed well because it was so popular. he started out in France, and worked his way to America, which is where he met my mother, and he settled in Los Angeles with her. I decided to move here because it was quiet, and the house I found was perfect.

I shook my head to get the thought out of my head as to the other reasons why I left home, I need to get back to work. I looked at all the papers on my desk, all of the new hires. I wrote Sam's name down, because she was going to get hired, I wouldn't mind being her boss. I smiled to myself thinking about how cute she'd look folding clothes, and assisting customers. It would also help with her confidence.

I decided that I was going to personally manage this store, well at least for a little while until everything is up and running smoothly. I might even just stay here for a few years it wouldn't hurt me any, and I'd be able to see Sam more. Why were my thought revolving around her all the time? I know I had feeling for her, but I wasn't in love with her, I guess I was just smitten.

I tried my best to push the thoughts of Sam out of my head, with little success, I started going over the applications for others. I knew I wanted a gay guy, and this Oliver would be perfect he was to flamboyant. I hired a few other girls that seemed like they would fit in, and be able to sell pretty well.

I finished doing all of the hires, I sighed, and leaned back in my chair, the architect knocked on my door. This cocky son of a bitch was the last person I wanted to deal with. I opened the door, "Can I help you?" I looked him in the eyes, obviously annoyed.

"Well," he seemed a but nervous, "I wanted to ask you, maybe if you'd like to go to dinner?" He had a smirk on his face now, like he knew my answer would be yes, and I wanted to am I the shit out of him, get that stupid smile off your face.

Instead of being a bitch, I put on a flirty smile, and leaned against the door frame, "Oh," I kept eye contact with him, and I could see the excitement in his eyes, so I touched his chest, still keeping my flirt facade, "I'm a lesbian." I pulled away and smiled kindly, his smile went away, and I kept smiling, almost on the verge of laughing. Then I slammed the door.

I gathered my things after he left, and stormed out to my car. I wish I could pick up Sam, or call her and just vent to her, but I don't think we were even near that point in our relationship. If we were even in a relationship at all. Why didn't I have her number? Why hadn't I asked for it? I rolled my eyes at myself and kept driving down the road towards my house.