4.

Hey guys! Let me know what you think! Should I add different POVs? or should i  just keep it in Sam's POV? I'm curious as to what you think will happen, comment.

I walked into dining room where everybody mingled, and ate hors d'oeuvres. All these perfect people gathered in one place, and here i was, like a lost puppy looking for my mom. I looked at my feet, I could hear Shelly's voice in my head, "Confidence"

I lifted my head high, and walked out to the veranda, that looked out to the ocean. I grabbed a glass of wine from the table. Wine wasn't my favorite but honestly I needed something to calm my nerves. I sipped it, and tried not to cringe and I choked it down. Matt hasn't even tried looking for me, and honestly I didn't want to but Shelly and Connor, they seemed to be having a good time. Where was Katie? I haven't seen her either, she's probably being a good host, and talking to all the important people.

I heard the door open behind me but I didn't bother looking, leaning against the mahogany railing, I watched the sun go down, "Beautiful isn't it?" I jumped slightly not expecting it to be her.

I cleared my throat, and turned around, and she was only inches from me in a silky red dress, that hung off her loosely showing off her curves. Her hair hung off her shoulders similar to mine though she looked sexier than I did. I felt like such a child next to you, "Oh, Hi." I pulled the hair behind my ear, and stepped closer to me, looking out at the view, ignoring my awkwardness.

She looked directly in my eyes, fearlessly, she had the confidence I was looking for, "You look stunning tonight," She looked down my body, it made me shiver. My instincts told me to cover myself, to hide my frail, innocent body from her, but I fought it. I felt my cheeks turn red, I smiled down at my feet, and thanked her.

We stood quiet for a few moments, just taking in the beauty of the scenery, and secretly of each other. Well I was, I'm not sure what was on her mind, but she looked amazing, I wish I had the nerve to tell her. Leaning against the railing I looked out at the ocean, as the waves crashed on the sand below us, and sighed happily. Katie turned towards me then, and smiled, "Have you seen the rest of the house? May I give you a tour?"

A smile crept over my face and consumed it. I felt like a fool, "Yes, please." She grabbed my hand, and pulled my back inside. Our fingers twined together, and I didn't mind it at all.

I was started to think to myself, that maybe I had a small crush on this woman? It seems odd, for me at least. I should really stop this, but I don't really want to. Matt was my boyfriend, though not a very good one. Where was he anyways? Shouldn't he be concerned that this seductive woman was taking me around the house by ourselves, we would be alone, didn't that concern him at all?

Just as the thought ran through my head, I spotted him, flirting with an older woman, who seemed not at all interested, her thoughts were obviously somewhere else. He kept trying though, I felt my heart sink, I wanted to go over there and pull his hair out. I wanted to clobber his face with my fists, then stopped. Wasn't I doing the same thing? Was I not flirting with this woman, and getting to close for comfort? The only bad thing about this, is that Katie actually seemed interested in me, though I didn't know why, but I'd like to figure it out.