27.

...Sam's POV...

I stood by the entrance folding clothes, looking off into the distance day dreaming. Not many people had come I'm being it the first day. Katie had been in her office mulling over papers. I sighed and looked down. It was almost time to go home and i went to clock out. I looked at the girl behind the counter. Which I still hadn't figured out her name. "I'm put of here."

She shrugged her shoulders at me, with her hair in a high bun, and a relatively nice outfit. I looked at Katie, who seemed to catch my gaze. I wave slightly, and smiled. She beckoned me over. I went into her office, "Hey," She said softly.

I smiled warmly, coming in and shutting the door. "Hey."to be quite honest I felt horrible about my mom coming in and getting in her face she had no right. This is my life, and it's what I want to do. "I'm sorry about my mom," rubbing my arm.

She laughed dryly, "Sorry for my crazy ex trying to kill you."

I looked at her, and laughed slightly amused. "I guess we are even." I walked over to her and touched her black and blue face, "How're you doing?"

She shrugged, puffing her chest out slightly, which I didn't mind the view in her low cut dress. Raising an eyebrow I smiled slightly. She slapped my arm, laughing. I was thankful we could make the situation light hearted.

"Well I'm off now, and ready to go home. When will you be leaving?" I asked.

She shrugged, looking down at her desk. "Whenever I want I suppose."

"Well, little miss high bun out there isn't to friendly, she doesn't talk and seems to hate everyone, I'm done and tired, and starving."

Katie reached for my hand, squeezing it. "Let's get lunch." She sat up straightening her dress. Grabbed her keys, and shooed me put of her office. The high burned girl watched as we walked out together. I could feel her glare on the back of my head.

Katie opened the car door for me, letting me get in. Her sunglasses in, she looked like a model. I watched as she walked around the car, seemingly perfect.

When she plopped I to the drivers side, "You're beautiful." I reached over and wrapped my hand in hers. "You're so fucking beautiful."

She smiled shyly,  like she didn't know it. "Where do you want to eat?"

"I'm kind of feeling Subway."

She backed up quickly, and pulled out driving to the nearest Subway.

We both got out, we walked in and got in line. After we ordered we got sat at the table in the far corner.

As we were eating Katie looked up, then looked at me, and then past me. Her body language telling me something was wrong. I turned around. The last person I wanted to see on this earth in this moment.

Matt.