6.

We left her room, no other words spoken. I think maybe I've reached a new level to the mystery of Katie. She held my hand back to the main corridor back into the main room. She looked at me and smiled, and I smiled back. There was this new kindness in her eyes and I quite enjoyed it this new Katie.

She let go of my hand after she kissed the top of it, then she motioned me towards my friends. Shelly was linked to Connor's arm. I went over to her, "Where's Matt?"

She looked at my sideways, "Where've you been?" A smile spread from ear to ear, giving me a mischievous look. She raised her eyebrow. Connor was staring off into space until Katie clanked her glass, and got his attention. His jaw dropped, captivated by her beauty, I wanted to sock him in the mouth. Mine bitch, she's mine. I turned towards the clanking glass, to see everyone gawking at her. She held the glass up.

"Thanks to everybody who's come here to visit my home. I'm glad I've gotten to meet some of you, and hopefully we can do this a lot more often. Well, the pool is free to you guys, make yourselves at home." I'm not sure she knew everyone I feel like maybe she just wanted to make new friends. Maybe she has no family. I don't even know where she works, or if she works. What if she inherited all of this money, because all of her family died?

I looked at Shelly, "Where's Matt?" Shelly didn't say anything she just shrugged, but her eyes told me different. He was somewhere with a girl. I clenched my jaw, and balled my fists to the side. I stormed out of the house to the patio. I heard Katie in the background her words stopped, I felt her eyes on me, but I didn't stop to look at her. I could feel my eyes starting to water and burn. I didn't want tears to ruin my make up, but I couldn't stop them. I shouldn't feel bad, I mean I in some way had feelings for Katie. I've hated Matt for the longest time. I've wanted to break up with him. So maybe now was the time. I needed to stop being so weak. I blotted the tears from my eyes, and leaned against the railing. I heard the door open, but I didn't look up.

Katie came up behind me, and Shelly behind her. Shelly didn't know about Katie, "Sam, honey," It was Shelly who spoke first, "Maybe it's the time?" She wrapped her arms around me. "You've wanted to leave him for awhile now, and maybe its time."

Katie didn't know what was happening, but I knew she was concerned. I wrapped my arms around Shelly, and looked into Katie's eyes, she stood by the door, not knowing what to do. "Shelly, do you know where he is?"

She nodded, "He's in that library room. I think, there was where I saw him last."

I closed my eyes, and side against Shelly. I opened my eyes to see Katie again, but she was gone. I saw her walking down the main corridor quickly. Oh no. What was she going to do? I should be the one going down there, and kicking his ass, but the again this was her house.