29.

...Katie's POV...

I ate my sandwhich, and waited for Sam to come back from talking to Matt. I watched as he grabbed her wrist. My instinct to protect her flamed. Though he didn't seem threatening, I was just concerned for her. I hope everything was going okay. Took a bite of my sandwhich trying not to seem jealous at their contact. I was though. I slowly chewed trying to act nonchalanta as they stepped back inside. Matt glanced over at me, making eye contact. Nodded slightly, and smiled weakly. He had the looks like he was embarrased. I nodded back, smiling. Some sort of relief washed over him. He headed back to his friends.

Sam sat down next to me, with a smile on her face. It seemed she had a big weight off her shoulders. She reached over and grabbed my hand, "I love you."

I wrapped my fingers in her's, smiling, "I love you too. Did all go well?" 

Picking up her sandwich and shoving in into her mouth. She nodded smiling between chewing. She didn't want to explain it to me which was okay I didn't mind. It was her privacy. Though I was eager to know, in time she would tell me.

We finished eating, knowing I had to go back to work. I sighed, knowing Sam would not be accompanying me. I dropped her off at home. Her mom was there. I couldn't forget the confrontation we had. I looked at Sam who was in my passenger seat. "I feel like your mom will never allow me to see you again." I blew out a breath, and looked down.

Her gentle hands grabbed my face. I met her eyes, and she leaned in giving me a gentle lingering kiss. "It doesn't matter what she thinks." Her thumb stroking my cheek, "You make me happy and that's all that matters."

*****************************************

I finished up at work, closing the doors and locking them behind me. Finally, it was a long day of boring paperwork, I cannot wait to go home kick my feet up with a glass of wine. Then passing out.

I sped to my house. The rain starting to pelt my windshield. I pulled up the driveway, seeing a small figure illuminated by my front door. I opened the garage knowing instantly it was Sam. She walked into my arms after I excited my car, "What's wrong?" I rested my chin against her hair. Her clothes felt damp from the rain and shivers were started to erupt from her shoulders. I pulled her inside hurting the garage.

I sat her down on the couch, "Now tell me what's wrong?" I wrapped the blanket around her. I could tell she was upset over something.

"My mom kicked me out, took my phone, everything. I didn't know where else o go besides Shelly and she's out of town with her boyfriend." Tears started to well up into her eyes.

"Oh, honey," I kissed her forehead. "You know you're always welcome here. I have plenty of room for you, and i love you're company. if you're comfortable enough you can stay here. I mean if you'd like, until Shelly gets back. Whatever you want."

"I don't want to be a burden to you." She sighed softly, flustered and sad. I places my lips against hers. Pushing her back into the couch, feeling her she's warm up.

"You're never a burden." I nibbled her bottom lips softly. She let out a soft moan. "Let's get you out of those clothes"