13.

...SAMS POV...

After breakfast I decided that I needed to head home before my mom started asking questions, I know that Shelly was going to give me shit for staying the night with Katie, but I can't say that I regretted anything because I didn't. I had finally gotten rid of Matt, and I couldn't be happier, sure he would want to talk about it, but honestly i don't really know if I was ready for that or not.

Katie opened the door for me to her car, and kissed my forehead before I got in, knowing she might not be able to kiss me when I got home. I leaned into her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Thank you," I said against her shoulder. She looked down I to my eyes and I pressed my lips on her hard, I didn't want to leave but I knew I had to.

I sighed as we separated and I got in the car. She closed the door behind me and I watched her as she walked back to her side. She had a 2014 Audi, it was clean and it smelled brand new. I looked down at my hands in my lap, they were small and girlish and as Katie entered on her side our hands immediately found one another. I looked at our hands then, they fit perfectly together like they were made I be clasped forever, though hers looked more mature than mine did, but either way it felt right.

I'm not sure how in one night I have come to adore this woman so much. To want all of her attention and that's all that mattered to me. I didn't care what my mom had to say, she had no room to talk. I was more concerned with Shelly. Her family was very religious and so was she, but I knew that she loved me with all her heart and she would always love me.

What did this all mean exactly? Was I a lesbian? Did I like woman? Have I always? In the moment of looking at Katie's hand wrapped around mine, I realized yes, I've always liked women, not immature girls, but women, those who know who they are and what that want. In some way I have always been attracted to them, maybe because of the lack if a figure of my mother and I just wanted to have an older woman's attention. I had no idea to be honest, and all I knew right now is that I wanted whatever this was between Katie and I to work out.

I held onto Katie never wanting to leave her side, but knowing it was necessary.We pulled in front of my house, and I looked over at her, my mom wasn't home, and I hoped it stayed like that, for at least a few days. I could fix all of my emotions by time she got home and she wouldn't even have know what happened to me, on this most amazing night. Katie put my hand to her lips, and looked deep into my eyes, "I hope i get to see you again real soon. I'm always here for you, sweetie. You know where I live."

I leaned over and kissed her cheek, "I will definitely be seeing you again, and thank you for this amazing night, and opening my eyes to a lot of things." I got out of the car and headed into the house. I knew I needed to rest. I wanted to just curl up into a ball and sleep the day away. I grabbed my phone and text Shelly telling her that I had made it home, and she didn't waste a second telling me she was coming to see me.

I plopped down on my bed as I heard Katie's car head down the road, I just wanted her back I wanted her touch I wanted her kiss, but that must wait I knew she had things to take care of. I didn't know why they were but I figured it wasn't my place to ask. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I was asleep.

*************************************

I quickly awoke when Shelly was banging on my window, and I pulled the curtain back and she was standing there with her arms out, and she had that look that she could kill me for not opening the door. I rolled my eyes and closed the curtain, I walked to the front door letting her in. "I've been banging on your door for like 30 minutes, and your phone seems to be off because I called you like a million times. What the hell?"

I rubbed my eyes then sat on the couch leaning my head back, "I'm exhausted."

"Well what happened?"

I looked at her, and looked down was I prepared to tell her? She would find out eventually right? I sighed deeply, "Well, Shell, I think I like women, and I think I've known it my whole life just was afraid to act on it." I looked at her afraid at what I'd see, and she was just smiling. I squinted, "What?"

"It's about time you came out, ugh I've been just waiting for you to realize it." she sat down and hugged me.

"What?"

"Oh, come on, you had a huge crush on Mrs. David in high school, you're a complete tomboy but you're oddly feminine." He was tilted to the side, "And this one time at a party, you got really drunk remember?" I nodded as she continued, "well you were sort of all over Carey Andrews, but I didn't tell you because I knew in time you'd realize how you were."

"So you even knew before I did?"

She smiled and laughed, "I think everybody knew before you did, even Matt." She grabbed my hand and held it, "It's okay, honey. Nobody really cares, and I think last night about everybody in that room wanted a piece of that Katie woman, even me, and I am definitely not gay, but she is super hot!"

I rolled my eyes, "Well she's mine, so..." I closed my eyes remembering her lips and her hand in mine, I started to doze off again but Shelly shook me. I groaned at her.

"Tell me what happened!"

I shrugged, "Nothing really happened, we just kissed a few times and cuddled as we slept. It was very innocent, and the sweetest night of my life so far."