21.

....Sam's POV....

I woke up to my mom, vaccuuming the house, I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, then shot up. How did I sleep so late? It was already 2 in the afternoon. All the hurt from last night came tumbling to my conscious mind. I slumped back down, then put my face in my hands.

I wanted to talk to Shelly, I wanted to see my best friend, I opened my lock screen, and called her, "Shelly you need to come over here, and console me." I hung up before she could say anything, which meant I was serious. I grabbed the blakets, and pulled them back over my head. My phone had so many messages, I didn't even want to see who they were from, because i'm pretty sure I already knew. Katie, the woman of my dreams, the perfect most beautiful person i've ever met. I let out a sigh thinking of yesterday's events. I curled up in a ball remembering when Devin walked in. Her perfect sillouette in the doorway, her hair up elegantly in that shimery dress, that I wanted so badly to look at, because I loved it.

Her face, torn, and broken when she saw me under Katie. I grabbed my stomach at the thought of us together, feeling butterflies criple me. What was I going to do? I can't think of any time where somebody has touched me, and even if I was mad at them, and just the thought of her touching me makes me crazy, even when that woman came in, and I saw the pain she was in. I still didn't want it to stop, but i knew it was the right thing to do, because I know how that feels, to have somebody you love cheat on you.

It just means that they don't love you like you love them. I thought about Matt then, how we had been together for so long, and i wondered when he stopped loving me, and why he didn't tell me. Tears started rolling down my face, as I heard a knock on my door. I didn't move, and i didn't want to i felt like falling apart.

"Sit up," I heard Shelly say, i popped up, and threw my arms around her waist, as she sat down. I put my head in her lap, and she handed me a tub of ice cream and cookies.

"You do love me," i smiled at her weakly. I could feel how puffy my eyes were from crying.

"Tell me what happened, babe." She ran her hands through my hair, as I explained what happened.

She stayed quiet for a little while, I chowed down on the ice cream and cookies, and fed some to Shelly as she thought about it. "You didn't give her a chance to explain?"

I shook my head, "I panicked, i didn't know what to do, i mean you should have seen the look on this woman's face, mind you, her perfect face." I sighed, "It looked like we ripped her heart out, and then served it to her on a silver platter."

She took a bite of cookie from my hand, "Well, what if, this Devin, is like your mom?"

I squinted at the cieling, slowly eating ice cream. "What if she is..."

*********************************************************************************************************************

Shelly had left, and I was sitting in my room, remembering all of the bad things my mom has done, I sighed, sat up. My mom would do anything to get her way, and if Shelly was right, i needed to fight for Katie. I went outside, to meet my mom who said we were going to go shopping.

"Hey hun, you ready?" She asked, as i put my shoes on. She grabbed her keys, and headed to the car.

I pulled my phone out, and text Katie, : We need to talk, I've done some thinking, and well, i'd like to talk to you about it.

When i got in the car, i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I didn't pull it out right away, afraid my mom would try and figure out who I was talking to.

When we reached the shopping center I pulled my phone out
When can I see you?

I quickly replied, Tonight where we first met.