8

As I promised Belle, the next day I put Wake Me Up When September Ends.

The month of September always made me feel rather sad. Possibly because I associated it with school, but still, every year when September came around, I wanted to listen to sad music.

I decided to go on Facebook and see if Evelyn was online.

She was. And as soon as I was too she sent me a message.

– hey there mr. charming.

The sole fact that she thought about me cheered me up.

– Ahoy, Miss Tiger!

– lol still can't believe your name's charming. i legit thought this was your fake account!

– But it ain't. And indeed I am Charming!

– but i mean... there's not even a pic of u in here. what could i think!

– You wait one minute and I'll show you this is real.

I don't know what went through my mind in that moment, but I jumped up and down the house looking for some sunglasses that looked like Ray-Bans, but were really some one dollar knock-offs.

Once I found them in a locker in the living room, I went outside with my phone, and snapped a picture of myself (a selfie, if you will. This term wasn't around yet back in the day) wearing those sunglasses, making sure that the wrestling T-shirt was visible.

A photo, in front of my house, with one dollar sunglasses, and a wrestling T-shirt. I must have looked really cool, right?

Well, apparently, I thought I did. I transferred that photo on the computer and put it on Facebook.

Prior to that moment, I would have never posted a picture of mine, like, ever.

I don't know exactly why I did it. Maybe it was the adrenaline I got from a girl thinking about me, but, whatever the reason, I had just posted a picture of me on Facebook.

I updated the page to make sure that the little icon on my chat with Evelyn changed into my picture, and then I typed.

– How about that? Looking as charming as it gets, uh? (Sunglasses emoticon)

She replied after a few minutes.

– woow. wasn't expecting that!

Wasn't expecting what. Was it a bad idea to post it. Shit. Of course it was. What was I thinking. Omigad I wanna hang myself.

– Wasn't expecting what?

And in that moment, I could swear, an epic music played in my head, when in the low left corner of the screen I saw a notification that read Evelyn Tiger liked your profile picture.

you look really cool. i must say, i didn't imagine you like that, given the fact that there was no pic of u.

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, I screamed in my head.

– You think I'm good-looking?

And I know you read it as if I said it in a sharp way, but that is just how I wrote it on the chat. Had that been reality, I would have been like "Y-Y-You-You think I-I-I'm g-g-g-g-good looking???"

– don't ya?

Holy shit she really does.