22

*attention* this chapter includes a discrete amount of swearing. Read on at your own risk(?). If it bothers you, well, fuck you.

Now back to that kiss.

I couldn't help but close my eyes. In one, fast moment there were so many feelings that even the feelings had feelings.

I always imagined that moment right there to be slow, over teased, with a little music in the background, and that I'd be rather conscious of it.

But it wasn't like that. It was out of nowhere. And I couldn't even think straight. I don't reckon I was even thinking at all. Reason was overwhelmed by all those feelings, as an entire legion of butterflies flew inside of me and all the blood from my head flowed right under my belt.

Amber's soft, beautiful lips were on mine. And they were doing all types of dances. I can't even tell for how long, but it was all perfect.

For a long time I had worried myself about not knowing how to kiss, googling it even. I was pretty sure that my first kiss was going to be a fluke but, heck, was I ever wrong.

I just had to stand there with my mouth barely open, as my lips were grabbed, sucked by hers, and bitten, and licked, and there were tongues coming in and coming out, tongues twisting around.

Sometimes we worry so much, we overthink, about what we have to do, how we have to do it, and, in the end, all we have to do is just be there. Stand there and let it happen, the natural way it should.

Kissing her was like smoking a cigarette. The flavor was the same. And I felt cool and it felt good, a tidbit prohibited, and in the end I wanted more.

"I'm sorry," she said, as she rapidly moved away, "I shouldn't have."

"What?" I exclaimed with the voice of someone who just got hit in the balls, "Why? It's okay..."

"No, it's not," she said, "I can't do this to you. You deserve better."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

All the beautiful feelings were replaced by a sting in my chest. That's where I began to wonder if I did something wrong again, if I did something I shouldn't have done.

"I told you, Peter," she sat back straight, "I only ruin people and relationships. I'm not a good influence on people. I would only destroy you and your feelings."

"I don't believe you."

"It's not a matter of believing or not, it's a fact. You deserve better than being my boy toy."

"Don't say it like that..."

"But it is like that." She sighed and moved her hair away from her face.

"We can still try..." I said, "I mean, what could possibly go worse than wrong."

"Believe me, Peter." She sighed. "Wrong is enough to tear you apart."

"But--" She stood up and gave me back my keys, as she walked away from me.

Kissing her was like smoking a cigarette. But I should have mentioned, I never smoked one. So, my first kiss was my first cigarette. New, illegal, addictive, but it also hurt like hell.

• — • — • — • — • — • — • — •

The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a tag team match!