11

It was lunch time and I walked with Amber, Andrew and Josh, a guy who didn't even introduce himself to me. Erasmus joined us too.

My initial idea was to bring some food from home, since I never liked anything in cafeterias. Or restaurants. Or anywhere.

But I decided to go with the flow, I didn't want to look more anti-social than I already was.

I ended up only taking bread, a little piece of meat, and some definitely unhealthy snacks from the vending machine, since I didn't like fruit and vegetables and fish and anything.

"Is that all you're taking?" Amber asked.

"Yep," I said, probably sounding daunted, and I actually was every time someone would say something about me not eating, "Don't even ask," then I put on a smile, or at least I tried to, not to look like a complete jerk.

Josh looked at me with his jet black eyes from top to bottom, with a judgmental face that looked like it was saying Why are you here? Why do you even exist? Why are you wasting space?

I wasn't new to that kind of thing. Basically nine out of ten people would hate me on their first encounter with me.

Though, I must say, the way he looked at me could be a guess of mine, given the fact that I had put my glasses back in my pocket, so I couldn't really see that well.

We sat at a random table, Amber sat between me and Andrew. On my right  was Erasmus and next to him, closing the circle, was Josh, and they all started eating. I took my time.

Josh and Amber then started talking about how much of a bitch Mrs. Misura seemed to be, but they were cut off by Andrew.

"C'mon guys," he said, "We've got, like, thirty minutes of freedom. You really want to talk about school?"

I did see where he was coming from, but I was kind of enjoying that conversation, for it made me realize that I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand ass teachers.

And, even more so, from the moment he said that, they stopped talking about school and tried to explore other areas, but this new conversation was filled with awkward silences and embarrassing moments. Even for those who didn't have social anxiety like me.

"I bought a Les Paul yesterday," Andrew said at one point, trying to save the conversation, "I want to learn how to play guitar!"

"That's great!"  said Josh. His voice was really deep and masculine, "Who are you planning to learn it from?"

"I'm going to do it on my own," Andrew looked down at his plate, "With YouTube videos and everything, you know."

"Did your parents give you money?" I asked him, trying hard to be a part of this, even though I didn't really know how expensive a Les Paul was.

All I knew was that Andrew's parents were really strict on the money he had, that's why I asked.

Andrew looked at me like I was a stranger he didn't particularly like. The last time I'd seen that look on him was when I was five. We had just met.

"They did," he said coldly, "They have plenty of money for themselves, why shouldn't they give me some of that?"

And it was true. Andrew's parents were both doctors. And, unlike their son apparently, they liked me a lot.