9

* big thanks to all of you for making this story reach over 100 votes and almost 1k reads! I am very thankful, special shoutouts to hanuman1702 Dante_Greywolf flusteredcheeks FetchingPenumbra Corabellina and all the other Robbers! Enjoy this chapter! *

My mother came rushing into the room, called my name, and opened the shutters, with the intention of either waking me up or pissing me off... or both.

Little did she know I had been awake basically the whole time.

"God, I slept for like two hours," I gurgled, smacking the palm of my hand on my face.

"C'mon," she said with her usual coldness and distance, "It's late already."

I pushed my face into the pillow. "School's already heavy stuff, mom. I don't need you to make it heavier."

So there it was. The first day of high school was here. I stood up and struggled not to fall back in the bed.

You don't realize how comfortable bed is and how great sleeping is until they take them from you.

I went down the stairs and walked right into the bathroom.

Fuck, is what I said when I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a bed head, and fixing it was going to be near to impossible.

I, cliché enough, splashed water on my face and, after having breakfast with the usual chocolate milk and biscuits, brushed my teeth.

I had planned to wear a white t-shirt for the first day of school for a long a time, so that's what I put on, over the usual black pants. The weather was still hot, therefore there was no need for a jacket.

I then tried to fix my hair using some wax, with very poor results, squinting while doing it, because I couldn't see a thing.

That reminded me to take my glasses. I had them on so little that I often even forgot about them. Although, once found them, I didn't wear them, but I put them in my pocket.

"Good luck on your first day," my mom bothered to say without even looking at me from far into the kitchen.

For some reason when someone said things like "good morning" or "good luck" on a school day I would get mad.

"See you after lunch," I replied a few seconds before closing the door behind me.

At that time in the morning, it was actually a bit chilly. The sky was grey, the sun wasn't entirely up yet, and the streets were deserted.

Only a few cars would make an appearance every now and then and, when they did, their engine made an annoying and furious noise, not because they were broken or old, but because, at that time in the morning, silence reigned supreme and I felt like a vampire as every little sound was amplified in my head.

That morning all you could hear, aside from me walking, was the singing of some birds.

I walked rapidly through the street. Everything looked blurry, but I learned to get used to it, which made me feel like Daredevil.