27

"You... in love with... me?" I mumbled. My heart was racing so much, I swear I could see its shape beating into my t-shirt. I could not, for the love of God, believe what she just said.

"Yeah," she said, still blushing a little, "you heard me."

"If this is some kind of prank, I'm telling you, it's not very funny." Yeah, I mean, she must be pranking. Of course. There's just no way.

"Why would I play such a prank?" She honestly asked, as the color of her skin started turning back to normal.

"I mean... it's just... I can't believe it..." I struggled.

"Why not? Why wouldn't you believe it?" She asked.

"Girl like you... likes boy like me?" I pointed out, "In what world is that even possible."

"In this world," she said, "the real world."

"Is it really the real world or am I dreaming?" I once again doubted.

"Do you... like me too?" She started to blush all over again.

"If I like you?!" I shrieked, "I fucking love you, Evelyn."

As soon as I said that, she abruptly turned off her camera.

"Wha-- Why did you turn it off?" I worried.

"Because my face is getting ridiculous right now," she said and her muffled voice betrayed her hand covering her mouth, "I don't want you to see me."

"But I like ridiculous you," I remarked, "I love ridiculous you. Hell, it feels good to finally get it out of my chest!" I was shaking my hips on the chair, "I am ridiculously in love with you, Avsam."

"Oh my Gooooooood, I just can't believe it," she exclaimed, "why didn't you say anything?!"

"Because..." I hesitated a few seconds, "I didn't want to risk losing you."

"And what made you think that you'd lose me?" She asked.

"Hey, I told you. This is so out of this world for me right now, I can't even," I said.

"How could you miss the signs I was sending you," I heard her facepalming, "hooooow???"

"What signs?" I asked perplexed, "There were signs?"

"Ugh, hello?" She ironized, "how about me replying to you after, like, two seconds?"

"Well," I said, "I just thought you were a very sociable person. I mean, you were online most of the time. I assumed you did the same with others."

"Avsam," she said, "my sweet little Avsam... I was always online just for you. I was waiting for you."

"Oh, God." I pretended not to realize that I was moving away from my camera. I didn't want to turn it off, even though hers wasn't on. So I kind of disappeared from it to blush in my own privacy. "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

"So when I saw that you weren't on Facebook anymore," she said, "it was devastating, man. I know it might sound ridiculous..."

"Everything. Every single little thing about this is ridiculous." I pointed out, still very excited while hiding from the camera.