13 - It's itchy!

"Daddyyyy!!" Louis heard a frantic Harry shout from his bedroom. "What is it bug?" He had barely woken up before he heard Harry shouting. "S'all itchy daddy." Harry whined, scratching his whole body, "it won't go'way." Confused, Louis gently lifts the little boys' pyjama shirt up and sighs when he sees all the red spots. "Don't scratch baby, it's not good." Louis gently takes Harry's hand in his own to stop him from scratching, but that only made the boy start to fuss and whine.

"It's too itchy daddy, I don't like iiiiit." He whines, on the verge of crying. "Shh baby. C'mon, let's go potty and then we'll put some nice cream on you and it won't be itchy. Isn't that nice?" Harry nods, lifting his hands up in the air to be carried. Louis places Harry on his feet in front of the toilet to do his business while he searches through the cabinet in the bathroom for a cream that would soothe his skin.

"It hurts daddy; I don't like it." Harry sniffles. "I know bug, let's go to daddy's bed so I can put the cream on you." Louis picks up a now crying Harry. "Shh love, it's gonna be fine." He gently undresses Harry out of his pyjamas. "What is it daddy?" Harry sniffles, looking at his red spots. "You have the chickenpox baby. It's fine, everyone gets them." Louis reassures but Harry wasn't having it and starts to sob. "B-but I didn't e-even eat any chikin.."
Louis couldn't help but to laugh, that boy. "Not funny daddy!" Harry cries, on the verge on throwing a tantrum. "Harry, baby, you don't have to eat chicken to get the chickenpox." Louis laughs, "I don't know why they call it that but it's definitely not related to chickens."

Harry feels way better after the cream and has finally calmed down. "Let's go take your temperature." Louis brings Harry back to the bathroom and places him on the counter. "Hmm. No fever yet. I guess we could run to the store then; we need to get some more cream for you mister." Louis says, bobbing his finger on Harry's little nose.

After making sure Harry is bundled up in a sweater and a coat, they head out to the store. "Alright, we need cream, some fruit and bread, think you can help me?" Harry nods, "but you forgot cookies." Louis rolls his eyes, "and cookies." Anything for his sick bug. They wander around the store, Louis picking up a few more things than he originally came for. "Haven you found any cookies yet?" he walks back to the isle he left Harry in, only to find him concentrating real hard, scratching his bum. "Harry!"

"It's itchy daddy! I can't help it!" "Stop it Harry, it's not polite to scratch your bum in public!" Harry huffs but stops anyway. "I wanna go home." They make their way to the checkout where Harry bluntly announces person at the cash register that he really needed to get home so he could get some privacy to scratch the places that needed to be scratched leaving Louis' face scarlet while he paid for the groceries. "Alright mister let's go."

---------

By the next day, Harry had gotten a fever and clung onto Louis the whole day. "It hurts." He cries as Louis tries to give him a soothing bath. "I wanna get out." He wails. "Shh baby bug, don't cry." He gently picks the boy out of the bath and wraps him in a fluffy towel. "I don't like it daddy, don't wanna have chikinpods." He lays his head on Louis' shoulder as the older carries him into the bedroom to dress him in some pyjamas. "Nooo, stay with you."

"Baby, I can't get you dressed if you don't let go." Louis sighs, even though he quite liked it how clingy his boy became when he was sick, it could be really exhausting. "It'll take two seconds, and then we can cuddle and eat cookies. Yeah, doesn't that sound nice?" Harry nods slowly, allowing his daddy to dress him but was back on his hip as soon as he was dressed. "Wan my dumdum."

"But you're a big boy, remember? You don't need them, we said goodbye to them." Harry was four, far too old to have a dummy, it will damage his teeth the dentist said. "I wan it." Louis can't say no, his baby was poorly and clingy. Luckily he had kept one in his bedside drawer. "Only now because you're poorly, and then no more, okay?" Harry nods, almost asleep on Louis' shoulder.

"I love you daddy."

"I love you baby."