36 - I hate you

"Mumma!!" Harry shouted for the hundredth time from where he was sat on the naughty step. The boy was eleven years old, but acted more like a three or four-year-old. "Mumma, come get me!" Harry whined, stomping his feet on the floor. 

"Hey mister! I'm not going to get you until your eleven minutes are up. Now sit still or you'll lose your dummy privilege at nap time." She pointed a finger at the boy before disappearing again. 

"Well I didn't wan' it anyways." Harry sassed, slowly but surely sneaking away from the step and back into the kitchen where he had thought it would be a brilliant idea to continue to make the mess he was previously making. 

"What on earth are you doing?!" A furious Anne steps into the kitchen where Harry had successfully dumped a nearly half full packet of flour all over the kitchen floor, adding a small packet of cocoa powder for extra measure. "I think it's early nap time for you now, and an early bed time as well." 

"Nooo." Harry screamed and trashed as Anne picked him up from the mess. "Let me gooo." 

"You were naughty." Anne said sternly, ridding him of the dirty clothes before checking if his pull-up needed a change which it luckily didn't. "Go potty, then straight to bed." The woman instructed, grabbing the boy's hand to try and lead him to the bathroom but Harry used all his strength to tug the woman back but Anne was a whole lot stronger. 

"Don't have to." Harry whined but he had no say as Anne had already yanked the pull-up down and sat him on the toilet where the boy just crossed his arms and looked away from the woman. "Told you I didn't have to." Harry singsongs a moment later, having spent a little too much time with his brother Louis, using all his might not to go so he wouldn't please his mother. She had been mean today. 

Anne just sighed and helped the boy back off the toilet and back into his room where she put him under the covers before quickly escaping the room. 

"Mummy!!" The boy called, repeating the action until a very tired Anne returned. "You forgot my dummy, mumma, n' m'not tired." 

"Well you should have thought about it before you decided to act up all morning. You lost your dummy privilege." Anne sighed, watching as the boy's face crumpled. It took all her willpower not to give in and coddle him, even if he had been naughty all morning, but she stood firm on her ground, telling the boy to go to sleep. 

"No I can't mumma." Harry wailed as he rubbed his eyes. "Give Hazzy his dummy, mumma." 

"No. Take a nap, you'll feel so much better." 

"I hate you!" Though the woman knew those words didn't mean anything, they still hurt. She just shook her head and exited the room to let the boy tire himself out with his crying and trashing around. She could hear things be thrown around, probably his books that were currently being read to him at night time, but soon enough it got quiet and Anne let out a breath of relief. 

"Is the coast clear?" Louis stuck his head into the living room, arriving home just in time to see Harry's meltdown in live action. 

"Coast is clear." Anne chuckled but a sad look taking over her features soon after as she cuddled with Robin. 

"He didn't mean it mum, you know that." 

"I know." She sighed, "I'm just thinking what I did wrong for him to act this way." 

"Nothing darling. Absolutely nothing. He's just a kid." Robin assured and they left it at that, just enjoying the silence that was a rare occurrence in this house. They loved Harry to death, honestly, but he was very quick to drain all your energy.