17 - A great big brother and a great little helper

"Oh wow baby boy, you took a really long nap, didn't you? Was it good?" Louis cooed as he entered his toddler's bedroom, the boy had just woken up from almost a two hour nap. "Uh-huh." Harry rubbed his eyes with his tiny fists before lifting his arms up so his father could pick him up.

"Let's change out of the icky pull-up and then we can get some snack, how does that sound bugaboo?" Louis tickled the boy's tummy and carried him to the bathroom to help him change into a fresh pair of Winnie the Pooh underwear. "I think papa is doing something really fun with Ni-Ni, do you wanna take a look when you've had your snack?"

"Wanna play wif Li-Li." Harry loved his little brother, not that he didn't love Niall, he looked up to that boy like no other but Liam was a baby and Harry loved dolls and Liam was just like a real life doll. He could help his father dress him and feed him bottles and Harry absolutely loved that. Plus, Niall was nine and that was big, he was always hanging out with his friends and Harry could never participate.

"Li-Li is sleeping baby, you know he's only little and needs lots and lots of sleep huh."

"No fun." Harry mumbled, pouting, making Louis laugh. "I know baby, but soon he'll be old enough for you to play with, c'mon now eat that yummy mac'n'cheese, it's your favourite!" Louis placed a little bowl of cooled down mac and cheese in front of Harry but the boy only whined. "Help daddy." So Louis placed Harry in his lap and started to feed him, and Louis actually preferred that, it meant a lot less mess to clean up and no extra baths.

"Was it yummy?" Louis asked, earning an eager nod from the little boy sitting on his lap. "How about we go see what papa and Ni-Ni are up to, I think you'll like it." Louis placed Harry on the floor, grabbing his little hand and walking with him to the back yard, the boy was always a little clingier after his naptime.

"See, they're building something baby, what do you think they are doing?"

"What they buildin' daddy?" Harry asked confused, seeing his papa helping Niall using some tools.

"They're making a treehouse baby! Isn't that fun?!" Harry's face lights up. A treehouse! That's so cool. "I wanna help daddy! But I gots to get dressed!" He referred to his underwear and t-shirt, dragging his daddy back inside.

"Hmm, what should we wear? Wanna dress like a builder bugaboo?" Harry nods excitedly, squealing when his daddy found his overalls and helped him put them on. "Wow, like a professional!" Louis praised. "M'not ready!" Harry ran into the play room, rummaging through his costume chest, finding his trusty, yellow, Bob the builder hat. "'Kay daddy! M'ready!" Harry comes sprinting back to his daddy, "wanna go build now!"

"I've got a little helper here with me who wants to come join you guys!"

"Aw is by baby boy all dressed up to help papa and Ni-Ni?" Zayn cooed and scooped the little boy up in his arms, planting a kiss on his chubby cheek. "Want to help Ni-Ni use the hammer?"

"Yeah papa!" Harry squirms to be put down and runs towards his older brother, only to trip on his own two feet and face plant in the grass on his way. It hurt like hell but he didn't want his big brother to see, so being the brave, big boy he is, he got back up and kept running. "You okay Hazza?"

"Mhm! Hurted my nose but I okay! Wanna help you!" He tried to look at his nose but huffed when he realized he couldn't

"Okay, take this hammer, and I'll hold the nail and you'll hit it as hard as you can, okay?" Niall instructed, making the little boy nod. But once he got the hammer it was way too heavy for him to hold, so he couldn't possibly lift it up and hit the nail. "S'too heavy papa, can't." Harry pouts so Zayn offered to help the boy, but that wasn't nearly as fun as doing the task himself. "Nooo, I wanna do it."

"Baby, it's too heavy for you, I'm just trying to help." But Harry only starts to wail, he wanted to do it himself. Niall got an idea and ran inside to find his daddy. "Daddy! Where's Harry's Bob the builder tool set?"

"In the costume chest dear, why are you looking for that?"

"The tools me and papa are using are too big and heavy for Hazzy and it's making him upset that he can't help so I thought the plastic tools might cheer him up so he could think he was helping." Niall explained.

"You're such a clever boy baby." Louis praised, kissing the top of Niall's head before the boy ran back out to the yard. "Here you go Hazzy, your special tools so you can help us!" Niall handed the little tool box to the crying boy in Zayn's lap and he immediately stopped crying, opened the box and took out the plastic hammer. Niall held the nail while Harry used his trusty hammer to bang on it a few times. "Good job baby! Now how about letting Ni-Ni try too, I'm sure he wants to try." Zayn gives Niall a wink, handing him the real hammer when Harry was trying to hand him the plastic one.

Proud with his work, Harry went back to the tool box and found a plastic screwdriver, he was absolutely loving it. "See papa, m'helpin'." Harry said proudly and Zayn couldn't help but to take a photo of that adorable moment. "Yes you are baby boy, doing a real nice job!" Zayn praised making the little boy smile the biggest.

"Li-Li!" Harry shout once he sees Louis carry the baby outside. "Look who's up. I just wanted to check and see if my baby boy was too busy helping out here or if he wanted to help me get Liam dressed for the day?"

"M'sorry papa, m'sorry Ni-Ni, I hafta go but I try to be fast!" Harry puts down his tools and runs towards his daddy. His favourite thing to do was to 'help' get his little brother dressed, he just thought he was the cutest thing ever!

"You're such a good big brother baby, I'm sure Li-Li appreciates it."

"Really daddy? I just love him soooo much." Harry said, watching his baby brother with a mesmerised look on his face.

Even though that boy often made Harry really jealous of the attention he got sometimes, causing a lot of tears in Harry's case, he wouldn't want anyone to replace him. Harry loved his family so much and wouldn't change it for the world.