38.2 - Not so much beach fun (part 2)

"When can I go home, papa?" Harry pouted, looking down as he fiddled with his fingers. He was bored of all the toys that were brought to him and Liam had just finished the last book they had, but Louis was on his way with more of them so that worked out well. 

"Just two more nights, bub. Daddy will stay tonight and I will bring Ni over tomorrow so maybe you two can play something fun, huh?" 

"But I wanna go home now. With you." The boy's lip wobbles and Liam sighs, picking the boy up and placing him on his lap. "Didn't mean to papa. Please let me go home." Harry cried, feeling worse and worse about what he did and was actually thinking that the men were forcing him stay here and weren't letting him go home. 

"We already talked about this baby." Liam sighed, looking up when he heard Louis enter the room, but quickly turned his gaze back to the boy. "We're not mad baby. No one's mad. The doctor just wants to keep an eye on you for a couple more days, and then you can go home. You're not staying here forever." 

Luckily it didn't take too long to comfort the boy, this had been a regular occurrence over the past few days so it wasn't as hard to convince the boy that he was in fact coming back home, he just had to stop here to make sure he was a hundred percent. 

"See baby, daddy's here." Liam cooed, causing the boy to look up and lift his hands towards Louis, hoping he'd pick him up. 

"Hi, baby." Louis placed the boy on his hip. "I missed you today." He felt the boy snuggle his face into his neck so he gently rubbed his back. "Did the therapist come today?" He turned to Liam, who was packing his things and getting ready to leave. 

"Yeah. Just for a short while, Harry wasn't really up for talking, were you, huh?" Liam tickled under the boy's feet, happy when he got the tiniest of giggles in response. "Where's Ni?" 

"You're mum came to visit and he said he was quite bored of coming here so I figured I'd let them spend some time together." Louis shrugged, combing his fingers through the boy's hair, but grimacing when he felt how greasy it was. 

They really needed to somehow convince the boy to take a bath. A sponge bath can only do so much, and with his newly bad habit of wetting the bed, which the boy was surprisingly not that upset about, not after Liam bought him Spiderman themed pull-ups, he needed a good rinse. They had tried easing him into it over the past couple of days but the boy still started to scream every time they tried to get him into a bathtub or tried to convince him to have a shower with either one of the fathers. 

They said goodbye to Liam, who promised he would come by tomorrow with Niall, and bring more movies for the boy to watch. 

"Baby? How about we rinse your hair tonight? Just pour a little water over your hair and nothing else." 

"Nooo daddy." 

"Daddy promises that nothing bad will happen and he will be with you the whole time. You can hold my hand the whole time too Hazzy-bean. What do you say, will you take a bath for daddy? Or just rinse your hair at least, in the shower?" 

Harry seemed to ponder for a moment before sceptically agreeing to take a bath, making sure his father promised him three times that nothing bad would happen. 

It was another story when they were in the bathroom, starting to fill up the tub. Harry sat on Louis' lap, trembling as he watched the bath fill up. The nurse only filled it enough so it would cover the boy's legs when he sat down, she didn't want it to be too much for the boy.