19 - That's not nice

"Harry Edward Tomlinson! You get back in here right this instant!" Eleanor screeched from the living room shortly after arriving home. "Sorry mummy." Harry says sheepishly as he enters the room.

"It's okay bub, just listen to me next time, okay?" She says sternly earning an eager nod from the little boy. "Now, we were going to talk about what happened today, I'm not really happy with what Mrs. Edwards just told me."

"Didn't mean to." Harry only mumbles, avoiding eye contact with his mother.

"It's not okay to hit, Harry, we've talked about it. And we do no push either, do we huh?" She lectures, "Now, are you gonna tell me why that happened?" She carefully wipes a couple of tears from the boy's face.

"I didn't mean to mama! H-he was bein' a meanie head! He took my wed twuck when I was playin' wif it even though no one was playin' wif the gween one and he said I was a baby! M'not mama!" Harry rambles about his eventful day in playschool where he decided it would be a good idea to hit another boy, well, more like lightly tap his arm..., and then push him, successfully making the other boy cry and go tell a teacher. "A-an' he didn't even tell Mrs. Edwards he took my twuck an-and she didn't even believe me-e." The boy wails, trying to rub his constant flow of tears from his eyes.

"Of course you're not a baby, and you said you were sorry didn't you?" Harry nods, "See, big boys apologize and you did time out just like a big boy, you didn't cry huh?"

"N-no b'cause I know it's mean to hit, mama."

"See, you're so big! And you know it's very naughty to hit and I think you've learned your lesson, but I still need to tell daddy when he comes home because I think he'll want to know."

"Nooo. I be good mama! Daddy's gonna be sad!" Harry was a huge daddy's boy, it was very obvious, you didn't even have to know the family to see that. Anything that could make his daddy sad or angry was a big no no because Harry loved him so much and he didn't want to disappoint him.

"I have to bub. Now do you want to watch Peppa or Paw patrol while I make a little snack for you?"

"Wanna watch paw patrol." Harry sniffles, messily wiping the rest of his tears.

Much too soon Harry hears the familiar sound of Louis' keys opening the front door and this time he did not run to greet him, but he quickly runs behind the sofa to hide, hoping that if he just stays there all will be forgotten.

"Bug, daddy's home. Where are you?" Louis calls out, rather confused to be honest since all he's used to is Harry running into his arms before he can even manage to close the front door.
"Hi babe, where's my little bug?" Louis greets Eleanor with light kiss on her lips.

"He got into a little bit of trouble today. Harry come out please." At this Harry is running from behind the sofa, right past Louis and into his mummy's arms. "Don't tell him mama." Tears gathering in the boy's eyes.

"Oh bug, what did you do today?" Louis coos sympathetically, rubbing the child's back.

"He decided to hit someone today, and push them." Eleanor explains while bouncing the little crying boy in her arms.

"Didn't mean to daddy!" Harry tries to explain but he knows he's not getting out of it.

"Aw bug, why'd you do that?" Louis carefully takes the boy from Eleanor so she could finish making the dinner, and brings the boy to the sofa. "You know we don't hit; why did you do it?"

"I know daddy. But Tommy was bein' mean."

"Was he being mean?"

"Uh huh! H-he took my twuck when I was playin'." Harry pouts while crossing his arms over his chest with an annoyed expression.

"He did? Wow that was mean! Maybe he deserved a punch." Louis never tolerated when someone was mean to his baby.

"LOUIS!" Eleanor scolds from the doorway, having been listening to their conversation.
"What? the boy was mean to him." He pressed but Eleanor wasn't having it.

"Okay, okay. It's never okay to hit, Harry, no matter how mean the other person is being or how upset you get. Next time go get a teacher." Louis explains as he watches Eleanor walk back to the kitchen. "But if he's being a real poopy head just kick him lightly, that'd do the trick." He whispers earning a giggle from the little boy.

"But it's not nice daddy, you can't be mean."

"You're absolutely right bug, don't listen to daddy, he's silly." Louis chuckles, snuggling Harry closer to his body. He loved his smart, little boy so much that he can't even put it into words.