43 - Tummy Ache on Christmas ?

I know I promised to update tomorrow too, but I'm not 100% sure if I can. I'll try my best though, but I celebrate Christmas tomorrow (on the 24th) and there's a lot that needs to be done haha. But like I said, I'll try ! x 

- - -

"Harry, I would stop that right now if you want Santa to arrive tonight." Anne warned, looking at the boy that had made himself comfortable on the middle of the kitchen floor with box of freshly baked Christmas cookies in his lap. 

"Wha?" The boys asked, stuffing two small cookies into his mouth before shoving the box behind his back even though his mother had already seen it. "M'not doin' an'fin'." He mumbled with his mouth full and Anne just chuckled, grabbing the box away from the boy and storing it higher on the shelves. 

"Go find Daddy and tell him to clean you up and help you put your pj's on." She instructed and Harry pouted before running off. 

"Daddyyyy." He ran up the stairs, tripping a few times, now getting why he wasn't allowed to run up or down the stairs. "Mummy says you have to clean me up." He finds Robin upstairs, showing him his chocolate covered hands with a toothy grin. 

"Oh my, what did you do?" The man laughed, wetting a wash-cloth before attacking Harry's hands and face. "Did you go potty?" He asked after the boy was clean, patting his bottom just to check but Harry shook his head vigorously. 

"Good job." Robin praised, "Why don't you go potty and I go get your pj's huh?" He helped the boy with his trousers and pull-up before helping sit on the toilet. When the man returned with a fresh pull-up and the boy's pyjamas, Harry had already managed to get off the toilet and stood proudly beside it. 

"I did it, daddy. Look." Harry pointed and Robin just laughed. 

"I'll take your word for it." He chuckled, helping the boy get dressed and carried him back downstairs where Anne had found a film to watch. 

"Where's Loulou and Gemmy and Lottie, Mumma?" 

"Think they're doing a little last-minute shopping, for a special little someone." 

"ME!" Harry squealed, "For me, Mummy!" He pointed excitedly at himself before throwing himself in his mother's lap for a movie night cuddle, sneakily reaching for the plate of cookies on the side table. 

"Oi, I think you've had enough of those, cheeky monkey." Anne grabbed his hand as he reached for the cookies, making the boy squeal loudly before bursting into laughter. "No more for you, these are for Santa." 

"Just one, Mumma. Pleaseee." Harry begged, batting his eyes and Anne allowed him one, but of course the boy grabbed two. The sugar rush only lasted for about an hour before the boy literally crashed on the sofa so he was carried to bed.

- - -

Harry woke up in the middle of the night, frowning. It was still dark out, and he was under strict obligation to wait until the sun would come up. But when his stomach suddenly cramped, the poor boy burst into tears. 

"Mumm-y-y." He hiccupped, wailing louder each time his stomach cramped. Unfortunately, no one heard him for a while, and he called a few more times until he gave up. Just as he was climbing out of bed his door creaked, making his head snap up and he lost his balance and managed to fall on the floor. 

"Harry, it's the middle of the night." Louis' voice spoke, and he quickly scooped the boy off the floor once the crying increased. "Oh, babe. Why were you calling, huh?" He cooed as he gently swayed the crying boy. 

"Wan' Mummy-y." Harry cried, trying to rub his eyes but his vision just kept getting blurry with tears. "Belly feels funny." He sniffled, leaning onto his older brother, finally taking in the comfort. 

"Is your tummy hurting, baby?" Harry only nods, and soon he's sobbing again. 

"Owie." 

"Shh, baby, it's fine. We'll fix it." Louis cooed, and even though it was the last thing he wanted to do, he realized it was probably best to wake up his mother. "Shh, let's stop the tears, we're going to Mummy's room." 

"Baby boy." Anne cooed, turning her lamp on as soon as she heard the crying boy enter the room. "What's wrong?" She stretched her arms out for Louis to place the boy into them.
"Says he's got a tummy ache. I'll go look through the medicine cabinet." 

"Do you feel like you might get sick, baby?" Anne asked, placing her hand on the boy's forehead but it didn't feel warm. Harry just shook his head, stuffing his face into his mother's chest as he cried miserably. "It's okay, baby. We'll fix you right up." She cooed, rocking the boy until Louis entered the room again. 

"Found some fever reducers but nothing to relax the stomach." He announced and Anne sighed. 

"I don't think he has a fever, and he doesn't feel like he's gonna get sick." She ran her fingers through the boy's curls. "Go back to bed Lou, I'll figure it out." She sent her eldest a smile and after placing a kiss on Harry's head he left the room. 

After a while, the boy was still crying, being passed between Robin and Anne and neither of them could help the boy. It wasn't until the boy was sniffling and announced that he needed to go potty that it clicked for Anne and she was quick to take the boy to the bathroom and place him on the toilet. 

"I think you just ate too many cookies, baby." She smiled sympathetically. Soon Harry burst into tears again, telling his mother that he couldn't go, and his tummy was hurting even more now. Anne sighed, but rummaged through the cabinets to find the right medicine, and after a lot of struggle and yelling, she manged to make the boy drink the right amount of it. 

"C'mon big boy, it won't work for a while." She said, picking the boy back up and grabbing a nappy for the boy. Harry didn't protest, he knew the rules. When he's poorly, the pull-ups go away, but he's still a big boy though. 

"I don't like it." Harry cried, grabbing his stomach as it began to rumble loudly. 

"I know, baby." Anne sighed, putting the boy's pyjama trousers back up and carrying him downstairs. She was afraid the loud crying might wake up the rest of the household so at least they would be further away from the bedrooms. Luckily the boy was far too upset to notice all the presents under the tree as Anne had completely forgot about that. 

She laid the boy on her lap, with a little protest from the boy as he wanted to snuggle her like a little koala bear. "Mummy wants to rub your tummy, baby, and she can't do that if we cuddle like that." She cooed, but watched as the boy's face relaxed once she started rubbing his tummy. And that's how the boy ended up falling asleep, quite content with the tummy rubs. 

Anne and Robin were woken up by a quite stinky boy jumping on the bed, shouting that it was Christmas, confirming that the boy was in fact feeling a lot better. 

- - -

Merry Christmas xx