22 - Camp can be fun

-

Today was the day. The day Harry had been waiting for since school ended and it's been two weeks. He's going to summer camp and he couldn't be more excited. It was only one week, but it was something. Harry wasn't one to even spend a night away from his mummy, they've tried countless of sleepovers and it just never worked for the boy. The only one he could have a sleepover with was his best friend Niall, and since Niall was going Anne thought it would be okay.

Niall went last year too, and he told Harry it was so much fun and he had to try it, so when Niall informed him that he was going again this year Harry just had to go.

"Muuum, I don't need 'em." Harry pouted as Anne helped pack the rest of the stuff he needed. He didn't need stupid pull-ups, he was eight!

"Harry, baby, there's nothing wrong with having accidents, you can't help it. You need them and it's not up for discussion." She finished packing Harry's toiletries and adding a couple of shirts and pants as the boy thought it was enough to take just one of each.

"I promise mummy, I'll be okay." Harry tried to argue but it didn't work, it never worked.
"Baby you remember what the doctor said, it's just to help you and I can assure you that you'd rather wear them instead of waking up to a wet bed." Anne gave her boy a sympathetic smile, but Harry just crossed his arms, pouting. He knew she was right, even when he refused to wear them at home and ended up in a wet bed was enough of a nightmare, he couldn't even think how it would be over there. "Now, have you got everything. I think we need to get going."

Harry wouldn't admit to Anne that he was in fact very nervous, even when she asked him countless of times in the car on the way to the camp. It was a few hour drive and Anne gave him the option of turning back a few times in the beginning because she wouldn't be driving back there until Friday to pick him up. Five whole nights away from his mum, was he ready for that?
His worry went to the back of his mind when he saw Niall out of the car window once they pulled up by the camp. He was quick to unbuckle himself and run towards his best friend.

"I can't believe you're actually here with me!" Niall beamed, this was going to be so much fun.
Anne handed Harry his bag and made sure to hug and kiss him about a thousand times, she couldn't believe Harry was actually doing this. "Are you sure, baby. I'm not coming to pick you up until Friday morning so you have to be absolutely sure." It was a lie, if one of the staff called her she would drive the few hours in a heartbeat but she didn't want Harry to know that, he insisted he wanted this after all.

"I'll be fine mummy; I'll be with Niall the whole time." Harry didn't know if he was reassuring his mum or himself, but he felt a little better at the thought of Niall being there.

"Okay baby, I guess I'll get going then. I'll see you on Friday. I love you so, so much." She gave him a long, tight hug before getting into her car and driving away and that's when the nightmare started.

When Harry found out he wasn't even sharing a cabin with Niall, he was on the verge of a panic attack. There was no switching, and Niall was a year older so it was completely out of the picture, he was supposed to share with people his age.

"Harry, Luke, Adam and Finn." A voice called over the small group of boys, there were probably about twenty of them and there were five camp counsellors. "Cabin three for you guys." Harry picked up his quite heavy bag with just a little struggle, and made his way to cabin three. He pouted as Niall chatted to a boy named Liam, he had introduced them earlier and Niall had been talking loads about him over the year because he met the boy here at camp last year. Of course he got to be with Niall.

"Hi I'm Luke, what's your name?"

"Uh, H-Harry." Harry answered shyly.

"Nice to meet you. Do you want to be in the bottom or top bunk?" Harry pointed at the bottom bunk unable to speak because he would probably cry if he did. He had literally not been here for an hour and already wanted to go home. "That's no problem, I like the top one better so it works out. This is Adam right there and Finn is on the top bunk." Harry just nodded, those two boys scared him a bit and they didn't look like they were too thrilled to be here.