32 - Potty training

Heyyyyyyyy. Really sorry for the two month break! :)

- - -

"Honestly Lou, mate. The kid is three, almost four, you really should consider training him."

"What does it matter? I'll know when he's ready and I feel like he isn't ready." Louis argued even though he knew his best mate was probably right. The last time he tried to potty train his boy it was just a tad too early, he was only two after all.

"When you can hold a conversation with the kid while you change his diaper then you know it's overdue Louis. When the kid tells you he's just shit himself that's when you know it's time." Niall explained but Louis just rolled his eyes. Harry was his baby, he'd know himself when the boy was ready.

"Hey kiddo!" Niall exclaimed when a pair of little feet came running into the room. "I found it uncle Ni! See!" The small lad shoved the sheet of paper into the man's hands, pointing at the few stars scattered around it. "Wow. And the stars are nights that you slept in your own room?"

"M'huh! Look how many!" The boy pointed at the seven stars scattered around the month of August, only a couple of days left of the month. "When I get this many," The boy held up ten fingers, "Daddy's buying ice-cream!" He jumped around excitedly. "How many I got uncle Ni?" He stopped in his tracks, looking at Niall curiously.

"This many bub." The man held up seven fingers, "Need three more for ice-cream bub."

"How many sleeps left?"

"Three sleeps left in August." Louis explained, making the boy gasp. "You have to sleep all the nights in your room darling, then we start counting again."

"So many, daddy." The boy pouted, never sleeping more than one night in a row in his own bed.

"But you can do it baby." Louis scooped the boy up, tickling his tummy. "You're getting so big, it'll be so easy for you!" Harry squealed as he squirmed in Louis' lap until he stopped and his face scrunched up.

"You alright there darling?" The man asked but his son's face just turned red. "Harry, baby, you're scaring me. What's going on?"

"Shh daddy, 'm poopin!"

Louis could hear his best mate burst out laughing and Louis' face turned red in embarrassment. Okay, maybe it was time to potty train the boy. He quickly stood up with the boy, excusing himself but Niall just waved him off, still laughing.

"You done darling?" He sat the boy down on his bed before gathering the changing supplies. Harry nodded as he rubbed his eyes tiredly; it was getting closer to is nap time. "Hey, how would you like to be a really big boy, bub?"

"m' a big boy daddy."

"Of course you are. But an even bigger one!"

"Wanna be the biggest boy daddy!"

"Well, the biggest boys, they use the big boy potty, do you know what that is darling?"

"The scary one?"

"It's not that scary, I promise. We can go get big boy pants and find a special seat just for you to put on it. How would you like that?"

- - -

Louis was very thankful that Harry seemed interested in using the toilet, they had tried last night but that was a

nightmare as the boy kept going on about falling into it. Now they were at the store and Harry was mesmerized by the different designed toddler seats after Louis explained they were specially made for him so it was impossible to fall in.