48. 2 -Juvenile - Part 2

Don't mind me just casually swinging by, updating my books like I haven't neglected them for MONTHS. God I'm so sorry ! Just a lot on my plate, and I know it's not an excuse but  I've got about two months left of my pregnancy and time goes by so incredibly fast !! Lots and lots of things to do haha ! Anyways, I'll try by absolute best to update once a week, at least once every two weeks, but I'm not making any promises as I'll just feel bad if I don't manage hah ! But it's great to be back ! xx 

- - - 

EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THIS RUSHED UPDATE xxx 

"Harry. Get back here." Louis shouted, and thankfully the boy was being led back inside by the correctional officer who stood outside the door. Tears clouding his vision, he angrily slumped back down on the sofa next to Louis, not daring to look up. "We want to help you." 

"What does it matter anyway." Harry rubbed at his eyes, frustrated, never being one to cry in front of others. "S'not like I'll ever get it back, will I!" He shouted before completely bursting into tears and as much as Louis wanted to just scoop the boy up and snuggle him, he had to remain professional. He lightly patted the boy on the back, handing him a tissue but the boy just pushed his hand away. 

"Harry. What happened to you, it's horrible." The doctor spoke. "You know we will need to help you work through this, but we will do so at your pace. Just know that you're allowed to be angry, sad, frustrated, happy even. You're allowed to feel what you want no matter what that little voice at the back of your mind is telling you." He turned his attention towards Louis. "I think it's best if we stop here for today. I will come see the boy next week."

- - -

"I know things are very difficult for you Harry, but you can keep acting like this." Louis sighed. "Poor kid could've lost his eye." 

Harry just shrugs. "When am I getting out?" 

"As of today, in a month. You know you don't have any place to go to, right? Your uncle is in prison himself, and you will stay here for as long as it takes us to find you a home." 

"So I can't even walk out in a month? What a load of bullshit you are!" 

"Harry. You need to work on your behaviour. You don't want to end up in the same place as him." Louis spoke gently, trying not to agitate the boy, but for the past eight months Harry had not shown one sign of trying to better himself. 

After the first doctor's appointment, Louis thought the boy would start behaving, start opening up, maybe show some signs of wanting to be better. For a few weeks the boy seemed vulnerable, and he talked freely to Louis and the doctor but it was like someone snapped their fingers and the boy turned back into his old self. 

The had a traumatic childhood, and once the boy would walk out of here he would still need regular therapy to work through everything, and Louis wanted to do everything in his power to help the boy. 

"Malik is eighteen, right?" Harry spoke, ignoring the things Louis had just said. "Surely he got a place on his own. Can't I just move in with him." 

"Zayn's back in prison Harry, and not juvenile." 

"What?" Harry sounded genuinely confused. "He just got out a month ago!" 

"Well, just like you, he showed no interest in getting better. Kept acting all tough just like you're trying to do. You'll be going down the same road, but you're lucky enough to be only fifteen, you'll come back in here and once you're eighteen, that's it for you."