23 - Don't wanna be icky

"Come on baby. Up you get." Zayn gently coaxed Harry. "It's time for school darling." And Harry is up in record time. Today they were going to a museum and Harry was so excited. It was his first field trip and that was a big deal for the six-year-old.

But he soon starts to frown from the pain he felt in his throat, it's like someone scratching him from the inside. "Good mornin' daddy." Harry's voice was scratchy and the coughing fit he was having didn't sound good at all to Zayn. He feels Harry's forehead, which was burning, and sighs.

"Baby, you're not going to school today. You're sick." Zayn knew Harry would be sad, he had been looking forward to this since they announced the trip.

"I have to go daddy. I'll be good." Harry almost starts crying because one, it hurt like hell to talk, and two, he couldn't go to the museum. "Please daddy." He had even practiced not to touch things, because you can't touch things at museums.

"I'm sorry bug, you'll have a cuddle day with me instead. We can go to the museum later." Zayn picks the boy up and places him on his hip, the boy miserably puts his head on his daddy's shoulder because he didn't feel good at all.

"What, why isn't he dressed, Zayn?" Liam asks from where he was making the daily porridge for the family; to start the day with extra energy like superman, according to Harry.

"He's sick. His forehead is burning and I think his throat is bothering him, I haven't properly looked at it." Zayn placed Harry in one of the kitchen chairs and Liam placed a bowl of porridge in front of him.

"I'm sorry, love. You can go to the museum later." Liam ruffled his hair before going to rush his teenage boys once again before they would be late. Harry takes a spoonful of the food in front of him but when it comes to swallowing, the boy burst into tears.

"It huuurts." Zayn picks up the sobbing boy up and tries to soothe him. He places Harry on the countertop but the boy just tried to climb back onto is father. "No baby, I need you to open your mouth as wide as you can. Can you do that for daddy? Then we can cuddle." Zayn takes a look into Harry's throat and was not pleased with what he was seeing. "Oh, I think we should go to the doctor's, baby, it looks yucky." He picks the boy back up and goes to find Liam.

"Hey Li, his throat is not looking good at all, can you call and make an appointment, asap."

"What's wrong with Harry?" Niall asked, "Are you sick? Come one man, he's just getting out of school, I deserve to stay home just as much he does."

"Nuh-uh! Daddy won't let me go. I want to." Harry sniffles, hiding his face in Zayn's neck. Niall just rolls his eyes because his little brother was weird.

"They have an appointment at ten thirty. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that works." Zayn nods and takes Harry to get dressed for the day. Nothing fancy, just some joggers and a graphic shirt with Nemo on it. "Does anything else hurt, baby?"

"My tummy feels funny."

"I think that's just because you haven't eaten anything. Do you want me to make you a smoothie? Might be easier drinking that instead of eating the porridge." Harry nods and puts his hands up in the air for Zayn to pick him up. They make their way downstairs to the kitchen where Niall and Louis are finishing their breakfast and getting ready to head out the door. "How about a banana smoothie, you love that."

It's a difficult task, making a smoothie with one hand while supporting a six-year-old on his hip with the other because he refused to be put down. But he gets it done, and pours it in a large glass adding a straw. "Here you go baby, one banana smoothie for my sick little bug." He places a kiss on Harry's forehead before handing him the glass.